The Informant

"Hey! I'm not done talking to you!" Leon called out to the mysterious woman who walked away with feminine grace as her heels clicked against the cold concrete. She walked through a door that required an ID card for entry. She didn't bother to lock it after she left....it was almost like she wanted Leon to follow after her.

Leon readied his gun in case anything ungodly surprised him at the entrance of this room. He examined what was inside this room and didn't find much except for a box of fresh ammo for his handgun, which he happily took. He'll need all the ammo he can get in these crazy times after all.

After walking through the room where he had discovered the box of ammo, he found an undead lying on the floor. It looks like someone had shot it down....it smelled like rotting flesh and iron in the room, and it really made Leon cringe. He has a sensitive sense of smell, so anytime anything smelled unpleasant, it would truly bother him like nothing else.

He had assumed this awful smell was coming from this zombie alone, but he was wrong. As he continued to walk through the musty and somewhat wet, creepy halls, he noticed something that made his skin crawl. There were jail cells filled with undead, and all of them were begging to be set free.

Leon looked at one of the soulless eyes of the undead corpses, and he felt sick at the sight of it. One of the inmates that had now turned into a zombie had worms crawling through its skin and blood pouring all over its torn up face. If he thought the smell of one dead zombie was bad, then there's no way his stomach could handle the intensity of these jail cells. The room had the stench of iron, old blood, and burning flesh. The smell caused Leon to hold his gloved hand up to his nose to block out the disgusting odor. His eyes were watering from how bad the stench was.

He shot one of the undead straight into the head after it made the mistake of trying to grip onto Leon's strong arm. Leon really doesn't want to have to kill anymore undead. He's getting sick of this. He just wants this nightmare to end. His heart was aching as he walked through these jail cells. There were so many undead just begging to be set free. That's all these people want....It's what they need.

In Leon's personal opinion, anyone who was unfortunate enough to be plagued by this disease was worth a nice visit from the grim reaper. It would end their pain faster. He just felt so sad for these unfortunate people.....he knew shooting their heads with lead would end the misery, but he still has a huge conscience. He can't help but feel like a cold murderer anytime he'd shoot a zombie down.

Cell by cell, his heart sank. Every undead he noticed in those rusty prison cages made his insides flood with a sea of regret and guilt. The fact that these inmates were in prison due to awful, godforsaken crimes they had committed doesn't change the fact that what they're suffering is inhumane and cruel. He can't stand to see so many people get hurt, criminal or not.

That's why Leon decided to shoot down any of the zombies he found that were locked up in this hallway of hell. Their rotting flesh, the worms crawling through their skin, and the soulless groans that were escaping the mouths of the zombies were all that Leon needed to see. These unfortunate people are begging for someone to help ease their pain, and the only way to do that is to unfortunately take them out.

They had families....that's all that Leon could think of. Sure, they were inmates who were responsible for possible brutal crimes, but a death sentence would've been ten times kinder than whatever the hell was inflicting these people. Leon just wanted this to stop....he needs this to end.

Leon shot each inmate to end their sufferings, causing their blood to flow down on the cold concrete that was now covered in entrails and zombie guts. The sight of it really made Leon want to throw up, but he didn't want to get vomit on his uniform despite it already being covered in his own sweat and blood. If there's one thing that grosses Leon out more than anything, it's vomit. Yes, even his own.