Annette Birkin

Ada stood by the elevator with crossed arms, waiting for the two 'lovebirds' to quit their dilly-dallying and do what they came here for which was to find the root cause of this virus and cut it off like it's a split end. They're one step closer to Annette Birkin and since they're one step closer, that means they're nearly done with their mission on stopping the g/t-virus.

Leon held Katy's hand as they walked to the elevator but there's a part of him that feels a bit self-conscious. They've been walking through murky waters filled with toxins and slime, he was feeling a bit too gross to be in such close proximity to Katy. She of course, didn't mind one bit. In fact, she found him to be ten times more attractive after he single-handedly terminated that revitalized fossil that dared to identify itself as an alligator. He's her big, strong, reptile destroying man. He does not need to be feeling so self-conscious. There's not a single thing he could do anymore that Katy wouldn't find absolutely charming and irresistible.

They walked in with Ada and Leon pressed the button that led them to the upper floor just right above them. As they waited for the elevator to take them to their destination, Leon decided to ask some questions he needs answers to. "So let me get this straight: Umbrella sells monsters like that to who? Our military? Somebody else's?"

"They don't sell the monsters, they sell the viruses that make them and Annette is who makes the viruses. As scary as that alligator was, Annette is far more dangerous." Ada answered without needing to think before she spoke. She knows every minute detail about the situation. Well, at least Leon thinks she does. What he doesn't quite understand yet is that Katy knows a thing or two as well. She's keeping more to herself than Leon's aware of.

Leon reloaded his gun as he and Ada spoke, and he noticed Katy was silent as a mouse yet again. He knows she isn't a talkative woman, but he's also aware that she gets quiet like this whenever her mind is tugging with her emotions like a rope. She doesn't enjoy showing vulnerability so she tends to stay silent in order to keep those loud emotions at bay. She had her arms crossed while staring at the floor. Her body language speaks volumes.

"What say you? What's your opinion on the whole Annette Birkin situation?" Leon nudged Katy, bringing her back to earth as she just now realized Leon had tried to get her attention.

"I...I don't really have an opinion." Katy quietly answered, keeping her arms crossed as she merely shrugged. Her response made Leon squint at her and examine her features, making her heart beat right out of her chest. He's so intimidating when he gets into interrogation mode, Katy hated when he'd do this.

"You don't have an opinion. Really? If I remember correctly, you said you've known the Birkins for your whole life. They're practically like family to you and yet, you have no opinion?" Ada turned her attention to the two as Leon interrogated her. She felt invested.

"Well...no, not really." Leon noticed that she was shifting her eyes around while she spoke. She can't look him in the eye. She's lying....

"Katy. Talk to me. You're hiding something. You have an opinion on this situation and you know more about it than you're letting on. Isn't that the truth?" Katy was left frozen like a lifeless, cryogenically trapped rock. "Look at me."

Looking into Leon's eyes was a very difficult task to fulfill at the moment. His interrogation mode was not something Katy has witnessed many times, so when he suddenly becomes cold and stern, it catches her off guard. One minute he doesn't suspect a thing from her, the next he's interrogating her like she's a criminal. He's such a confusing cop.

Before Katy could say anything, Ada added herself to the equation and raised a hand for Leon to stop with the interrogation. As empathetic and respectful Leon is, the one thing he's terrible at is reading a room. He's giving Katy immense anxiety. You'd think he'd know by now that she's not one to handle stern interactions with cops very well, especially after she's addressed that problem with him dozens of times before.