Leland Mckinney

♡Title: Make It Better
♤Character: Leland
◇Relationship: Dating
♧TW: None
                                ☆            .    .          .
    .      .                .
                .                        .          ☆            .

  .                    .                 .         .             .
                ☆         .             ☆

      .                             .                         ☆   
☆              .
                              .              .

I was able to survive the Sawyer house. those monsters tried to get me, but I got out. not without a few injuries along the way. The window jump did the worst of it. A big crash through the glass along with a harsh landing on the dead grass below. Not to mention the bruises that covered my skin from falling down wells. A mix of black and red completely covered every inch of skin that I had. The only reason I got out was pure luck and Leland.

My eyes traveled down my arms, seeing everything that was done to them. My arms were the worst because of using them to defend my more sensitive areas such as my face and stomach. My arms were beat, but they helped protect me.

"Are you okay?" My boyfriend Leland asked, noticing my discomfort and distress while looking down at my scratched up arm. He knows I haven't felt the best since the two of us escaped.

"I'm fine. Just a bit beat up." I let out a sigh, not taking my eyes off of my arms. It'll be a while before I could wear short sleeves in public again. Not that I mind. After everything that happened, I feel like I see the family everywhere I go now. It's like the memory of them follows me. Haunts me.

Leland watched me closely. I'm not a mind reader but I can tell he had something planned.

"Give me your arm." My eyes trailed up to meet his. His chocolate brown eyes looked into mine. A hidden emotion behind them. I could see his pupils dilate, but there was also a sense of worry to his eyes.

I could see him hold his hand out to me from my peripheral vision. I took a moment to think it over before putting my arms lightly in his hands.

Lelands palms felt soft and warm as my forearms rested against them. He had a roughness to him that would only ever show if needed. Other than those specific times, he was a big softie.

I watched my arms in his, glancing between the connection and his face as I tried to pinpoint what he was doing with my hurt arms. Leland's thumbs guided up the side of my arm, lightly rubbing them in a comforting and reassuring way. I glanced up to his face to see a slight frown and a tender look. Sometimes I think my wounds hurt him more than it hurts me.

"It's okay. It'll heal in no time." I whispered to him in a calm voice.

"I know it will. I just wish it didn't happen. I should have protected you." Leland's voice was just as soft, if not softer, than mine.

I let out a chuckle the second I heard that, catching him off guard. I couldn't help it, the irony in the fact that he did protect me and is the only reason I got out of there alive.

"You can't blame yourself for this. You did all you could and I owe you my life." My tone was more serious and greatful as I spoke to him.

"Mhm." He hummed out, not really responding to me but it was good enough.

Leland leaned forward and gently placed his warm lips against my arm before slowly moving to the other. His lips made me feel warm and safe with a tiny bit of butterflies in my stomach.

I smiled at him as I watched him kiss my hurt forearms. His eyes were closed, making him look peaceful as his lips gently pressed against my skin.

"All better?" Leland asked while slowly pulling away.

"All better." I said, enjoying his healing kisses. What would I ever do without him?

~○~