Maria Flores

♡Title: Photo Shoot
♤Character: Maria
◇Relationship: Dating
♧TW: None
                                ☆            .    .          .
    .      .                .
                .                        .          ☆            .

  .                    .                 .         .             .
                ☆         .             ☆

      .                             .                         ☆   
☆              .
                              .              .

Maria was always creative. She loved photography and searched out as many beautiful locations as she could. This time was different. She didn't want to just go down to the park and find a cool looking tree. No, today she wanted to go on a road trip. Out on the open road with wilderness all around.

"A road trip?" I tilted my head to the side as she stood in front of me with her camera in hand.

"Yes! Can you come with me?" Her excitement was adorable to me. Maria's hands were clapsed together, which went nice with her wide smile. I couldn't say no to her for anything.

"Alright, I'll come with you." I sighed, getting surprised by the sudden arms tightly wrapped around me.

"Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Maria nuzzled her face into my neck while pulling me into a tight hug.

~○~

"I think there should be a gas station just up the road." I sat in the car, leaning back in the seat to look at the map. It was large and spread out all over the dash. We were in an almost abandoned area.

"I don't see anything. This road is so empty." Maria was driving down the lonely road.

"Pretty flowers, though." I glanced out the window for a second.

We continued to drive the same way. I watched the map even though I wasn't exactly sure if I knew which road we were on or not. There was a lot of dead grass, which wasn't exactly what we were looking for. But there were also lots of wild flowers that spread all over the place. It was a pretty sight, but Maria wanted more.

She continued down the road. I was happy to find out that my map skills weren't the worst when we pulled up to a gas station.

Our time was short there, talking to the man who runs the place, getting gas, and getting some food. The man sold us some barbecue before we went on our way. It was good and we'll cooked, but I wasn't sure exactly what it was made out of.

It didn't take long after that to find a huge patch of sunflowers. Maria stopped the car almost instantly. Both of us flew forward by the harsh stop.

"Look at that." Maria pulled over onto a patch of dirt. "They're gorgeous."

The both of us stepped out of the car to take a closer look. An old fence was between us and the flowers. The sunflowers weren't being held back that well, for they were spreading all over the fence.

"Can you pose?" Maria spent almost no time pulling out her camera and pointing it at the flowers.

"I'm not a model." I chuckled while looking over at her. I wasn't exactly prepared for a photo shoot with me in it, I thought we were just here for nature.

"You're the hottest model I know." Maria fixed her settings on her camera. "Please?"

"Fine, but only a few photos." I still can't say no to her charm.

I walked in front of the fence. I rested my arm lightly on it in fear that if I added any more pressure, it would break under me. I looked over to the side. Some sunflowers dipped down from their stem in front of me. I could tell the camera could still see my face, and I used the dipped sunflowers to frame myself.

Maria caught on and started to snap photos. I moved slowly after each snap into a different pose. I wasn't a model, but this isn't my first time. I made sure to change where my hands were and also moved my head around along with my facial expressions. Each photo could be different, some better than others.

I jumped when something flew past me. It scurried by my legs and down along the old fence.

"A rabbit! Oh, how adorable." My eyes focused on the blur to see Maria was right. It was, in fact, a rabbit that ran through the flowers. "I have to get a photo of it."

Maria was quick to move. She followed the rabbits trail down the broken old fence. I followed closely behind her. The sun started to get low, turning the sky into a bright orange that was rapidly disappearing.

"Maria, we should go back. It'll be dark soon." I started to get an eerie vibe when I followed her to a dirt road. It was a large opening with a metal gate attached to it.

"I just need one photo." Maria crouched down while focusing her camera on the rabbit.

I really didn't feel safe here. Something was wrong.

~○~