Leland McKinney

♡Title: Championship
♤Character: Leland
◇Relationship: Complicated
♧TW: None

                                ☆            .    .          .
    .      .                .
                .                        .          ☆            .

  .                    .                 .         .             .
                ☆         .             ☆

      .                             .                         ☆   
☆              .
                              .              .

"Please, pleaseeee, come." Leland had his hands clasped together with begging eyes. He was leaning forward to be eye to eye with me.

I took a deep breath, "Why should I? All you want is to get in my pants." My eyes rolled as I looked away from him.

"That's not what I want. Who told you that?" Leland stepped even closer to me, grabbing onto my shoulders.

"Doesn't matter. Leland, you can't keep a girlfriend for shit."

"Yes, I can. I just..." he let go of my shoulders, taking a step back. I watched as his demeanor turned more nervous as he spoke. "Listen,
Y/N. I've been with a few people here and there, but the reason I left them all is because..."

"Because what?" I beckoned him on after he paused.

"None of them were you. I want to be with you, Y/N. I know you probably think I'm an asshole, but I swear all I want is you." I looked in his eyes. It was easy to tell if Leland was lying. He wasn't. He was speaking the truth right in front of me.

"Fine, I'll come." I gave in after seeing how adamant he was. He wanted me to go see him wrestle. It was some sort of championship, and he was sure he would win.

"Yes! You won't regret this, I swear. Maybe we can go to dinner after I'm done." Leland was pushing it now.

"N-" I was going to turn him down before getting an idea. "Alright, we can go to dinner after. But only if you win."

"That's all it takes? I'm going to destroy the competition for you." Leland had a wide smile before turning and disappearing from sight. He seemed quite excited.

~○~

The championship went on. Wrestlers, small and large, were doing their thing. 1v1's went on and on. Leland was sticking to his word, completely destroying his opponents. He ripped through the competition until he was in the finals.

Leland verses some no name wrestler. I had no doubt that Leland would win, but the other guy seemed to take out his opponents just as fast as he did. It did make me nervous.

The match started, and Leland was quick to get the upper hand. He sweeped his opponents leg with his arm and pushed him down on the mat. I cheered out to Leland as he won. That was only one out of three.

The next match went the same, except it was the other way around. The other guy got the upper hand over Leland. Each man had a win. The next one to win will get the trophy for the whole small town championship.

The next round started. The final match that would prove who is the best. Leland got the upper hand, rushing right at the start. I cheered out, thinking he was about to win before his opponent flipped it around. He was now on top and trapped Leland on the mat. The whistle was blown, and Leland had lost the match.

The winner was announced. I stayed quiet as I watched Leland. He seemed upset over losing.

Most of the people had cleared out, leaving only a few remaining. The winner was out celebrating somewhere with friends and family.

"So. No dinner, huh?" Leland walked up to me, clapping his hands together in disappointment.

"You know, I got really hungry during that. I'm willing to consider my offer." I stepped closer to Leland, watching his face brighten up. "Second place sounds like a win to me."

"Really? Are you serious?" Leland's smile returned to his face as his arms instinctively wrapped around my waist. I was pulled into him in a flash.

"Hey there, you're not wrestling with me." I made a quick joke. "Let's get going then."

Just like that, we went out to dinner. I found just how sweet Leland actually was and didn't waste any time becoming his girlfriend.

~○~