Danny Gaines

♡Title: Jealousy
♤Character: Danny
◇Relationship: Complicated
♧TW: None
                                ☆            .    .          .
    .      .                .
                .                        .          ☆            .

  .                    .                 .         .             .
                ☆         .             ☆

      .                             .                         ☆   
☆              .
                              .              .

I've known Danny for a long time now. The only reason we met is because he's dating Maria. I'm friends with her sister Ana.

The second I met him, I felt something. I thought he was just so nice and attractive, but I know he's with Maria. So I held myself back. I'm keeping a distance so I wouldn't be a side piece.

It still hurts to watch them together. I felt so alone without him. No one else knows about my feelings towards Danny. Although he's been getting closer to me lately. I can't have that, I won't betray Maria like that.

"Why do you keep avoiding me?" Danny stood in front of the door, trapping me in the room. We were at his house along with the main group of friends. I went to the bathroom, not knowing I'd get trapped in there with him.

"Danny, get out of the way." I groaned, not wanting to be trapped by him.

"I feel like we're such good friends, but then you just push me away." Danny crossed his arms, not moving. His face held the same emotion that he was showing through his body. A mix of confusion and anger.

"I push you away because..." I stopped for a second, looking into his eyes. "I really like you, Danny. I know I can't be with you, and I won't hurt Maria like that."

Danny's face seemed to fall. He didn't move an inch, only looking at me. We stood there, looking at each other as if we were waiting for the other to make a move.

"Get out of my way." I tapped his shoulder for him to move. My voice was monotone even though it had some annoyance behind it. I didn't particularly want to tell him all of that, but I felt like I had to. At least he knows why I keep avoiding him.

Danny moved, letting me out of the room. I left and went straight to the front door, leaving without saying goodbye to anyone else.

~○~

A month has passed since that encounter. Danny and I seemed to grow further apart over time. He stays loyal to Maria, and so do I. I've been pushing my feelings back the whole time.

That was until today. My phone buzzed on the couch next to me. I glanced over at it to see Danny texted me.

I'm coming over.

What?

I texted back, not knowing why he would suddenly come over. Why me? He knows I have a crush on him, and he's still with Maria. Some time had passed, and he still didn't answer my text.

Danny?

Dannyyyyy helloooooo?

Still no response. He didn't even see my messages. I was confused until the doorbell rang.

I groaned, pushing myself off of the couch and going towards the door. Looking through the peephole, I could see Danny standing there. He was looking down so I couldn't see his face very well.

"Danny?" I opened the door. My voice sounded confused as I saw him. He pushed past me, going inside my house. "Hello?"

"I... I'm sorry." His voice was soft as he walked inside.

"Are you okay?" I tilted my head, growing nervous about the behavior of my friend.

Danny stood still for a moment before turning towards me. His eyes were red and puffy, with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"What happened?" I stepped closer to him, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Maria..." Danny looked down to the ground. "I just found out that she cheated on me."

"She what?" My eyebrows furrowed forward as I looked at him. That was the last thing I was expecting him to say.

"She... I... I don't know." Danny stuttered, not making a complete sentence through his tears.

"I'm sorry." My voice was soft as I lifted my hand and lightly pressed it against his cheek. My thumb lightly brushed away his tears.

I was so focused on what my hand was doing that I didn't realize his eyes. They were looking right at my face. Once I did notice, I couldn't look away. It felt like I was in a trance when looking at him.

"I was thinking about what you said." Danny broke the silence, talking about our conversation from a month ago. "I know this might be too soon, but I just...I couldn't stop thinking about you since that night."

"Really?" Our faces leaned closer together. I could feel his breath against my lips.

"I promise I'm not just replacing her or avoiding my feelings... I honestly really like you." Danny's forehead leaned against mine.

"Shut up." I whispered to him, making his mouth stop talking just long enough for our lips to collide.

I felt his hand lightly grab onto my waist, pulling me closer to him. Both of my hands were on his cheeks, lightly rubbing them with my thumbs. This is all I wanted. The kiss that I've been waiting for.

After all this time, I've finally been able to show my true appreciation for Danny. His sorrow seemed to go away as our kiss heated up.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Danny pulled away for a second, speaking against my lips.

"Yes, yes, of course." I was smiling as we kissed again. Finally, I can have the man I've always wanted.

~○~