Connie Taylor

♡Title: Late Nights
♤Character: Connie
◇Relationship: Dating
♧TW: None
                                ☆            .    .          .
    .      .                .
                .                        .          ☆            .

  .                    .                 .         .             .
                ☆         .             ☆

      .                             .                         ☆   
☆              .
                              .              .

It's been a few weeks since we escaped that hell house. The screams of our friends still haunted my mind. I could hear them at night, forcing us to keep the lights on at all times.

Connie and I were the only ones to escape the group. Even after our reports of what happened, law enforcement has not been able to find the Sawyer Family. They're still out there, making our anxiety worse.

Lately, we haven't been able to be apart from each other. We did every single thing side by side in fear that we would see those monsters come back when we were alone. Luckily, I live with my girlfriend. It made it much easier to stay with her.

It was nighttime. The night lights were turned on all over the bedroom. I laid awake with Connie sleeping beside me. Her head was resting on my shoulder. Her soft and even breaths were soothing to me. It let me know that she was alive and safe.

My hand lightly brushed against my forearm. I could feel the scar that I got from one of the family members. It went all the way up my arm. It was a miracle that I didn't bleed out from just this wound alone. I'm happy I can't feel my back. I'm already afraid to look in the mirror at all the scars I have on it.

What hurts worse is that Connie has a lot of the same scars. I've seen her back. Covered in knife cuts and scratches from the running. Flashbacks filled my mind every time I thought about it.

I was so stuck in my head that I barely even noticed Connie getting restless. Her head shifted to the side as a small whimper left her lips.

"No..." her soft voice whispered into my skin. She was having a nightmare, a bad one. It was nothing new. Both of us have nightmares every night after the incident. That's just one more thing that kept me awake. Sleep hasn't exactly been my friend lately.

"Connie? Wake up, honey." I tapped on her shoulder. I made sure I was quiet and calm while waking her. I know just how stressful these nightmares can be.

"You're okay, you're alright." My voice was just over a whisper as she started to wake up.

The second she was fully awake was the moment she realized it was just a dream. I watched her eyes as they widened for a second before turning red. They squinted and shut, making tears fall down her cheeks.

"It's over now. It was just a dream." I turned towards her and wrapped my arms around her, pulling our bodies closer together. I helped her, so we were sitting up more than laying down.

"I... I saw..." her voice was shaking and stuttering as she cried. "I saw you die."

"I'm here. It was all fake." My hand brushed up and down her back in a soothing manner. I buried my face into her hair. My nose was filled with the sweet scent of her strawberry shampoo.

"I thought I lost you." Connie spike against my neck, pulling me closer to her.

I backed away for a second so I could see her. Her bright and watery eyes looked into mine. The sight made me melt.

"I will never leave you, okay? Never." I ment it. Every word. After everything we went through, I'll never let her go through her trauma alone. Even if the cannibals come looking for us, I'll stay by her side and protect her.

"Have you been awake all this time?" Connie seemed to get concerned while looking at the dark bags under my eyes. I bet I look sick.

"Only for a little while." I lied to her. She shouldn't be worrying about me right now.

"Go back to sleep. Please?" Her eyes seemed to get brighter after she used her sleeve to wipe away her tears.

"Fine, I'll sleep. Wake me up if you have a nightmare, okay? I mean it, I don't want you to be alone when that happens." We laid back down in the sheets, cuddling up and getting comfortable together.

"I love you, Y/N." Connie whispered in my ear when I shut my eyes.

"I love you too." I whispered back, pressing a kiss against her forehead.

That was the first night that I actually got a good sleep. Can't say what the future of sleep would look like for me, but with Connie there, it was possible to live a normal life again. It just takes time.

~○~