Sonny Williams

♡Title: Studying
♤Character: Sonny
◇Relationship: Strangers
♧TW: None
                                ☆            .    .          .
    .      .                .
                .                        .          ☆            .

  .                    .                 .         .             .
                ☆         .             ☆

      .                             .                         ☆   
☆              .
                              .              .

I stood alone in the small cafe that I worked at. My eyes wandered to the window to watch the sun get lower in the sky. It was getting late and we were almost closed.

Shadows moved over the cafe, growing darker the later it got. Only a few people remained. Most of which were late night college students trying to get their work done. A few I could recognize but never really spoke to. That was until my eyes landed on the one in the very corner of the building.

He sat with his back towards me. I could see his hands typing away on his computer with a half eaten sandwich next to him, along with a cup halfway full of juice. I know because I made it for him.

A glance at the clock made me realize that I only had twenty minutes left on my shift. Might as well start cleaning up. It's not like anyone was going to order anything else. At least I hope they don't.

I went around the tables, scrubbing them off while removing any remaining trash. Everyone besides one person has left by now, allowing me to clean their tables.

The room was quiet besides the soft music that played on the radio and the occasional sound of me cleaning. I glanced over my shoulder to see the man still in the corner. It's been a long time since he's been here this late.

I zoned out again. I'm just focusing on the table ahead of me. It was just one over from where he was sitting, giving us space apart.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stay here this late. I hope I'm not holding you." I glanced up at the man who was now looking around the cafe to see he was the only one left.

"No worries at all." I gave him a small smile while I continued to clean the table.

"I see you here a lot." He pressed his arm against the table, leaning on it while his body turned to face me. It let me see his face clearly. He had a small mustache with dark brown eyes that complimented his black hair that held its round shape on top of his head.

"Yeah, I'm here almost every day." I straightened my back, stepping away from the table for a second. "I see you here a lot also."

"I don't think we ever really talk." He said awkwardly while scratching the back of his neck. I raised an eyebrow, wondering what made him so nervous all of a sudden.

"Only when you order. I'm Y/N, by the way." I pointed out my name that was written on a name tag on my shirt.

"I'm Sonny. Maybe we could..." He paused for a second to think over his words. "Maybe we could get lunch together sometime?"

"Lunch?" I couldn't hold back a chuckle at his nervousness, thinking it was cute.

Sonny seemed even more nervous. I quickly gave an answer, not allowing him to back out of his words.

"I would love to." I pressed my hip against the table, leaning on it. I held my palm down just so I wouldn't fall.

Sonny's face seemed to brighten on the spot. His eyes widened for a second before closing slightly with his smile.

"Really? That's great! Um... Are you free tomorrow?" He spoke faster now, showing off his excitement even though I could tell he was trying to hide it.

"Yeah, I'm free tomorrow." I laughed, enjoying his excitement that seemed to shine through his words and even brighter through his smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Y/N." Sonny turned away from me as he started to clean up all of his stuff. He hastily shoved his lap top into his backpack along with his half eaten sandwich. He held onto his cup and started to walk to the exit.

"See you then, Sonny." I couldn't hold back a smile on my face. He turned and gave me a small wave before leaving the cafe.

While cleaning his table, all I could think about was tomorrow. Excitement was the only thing I could feel the entire night.

~○~