•Secrets•

LIII

LIII. Secrets.

I pulled up to Jacob's house and sat in my truck for a second. I waited, figuring maybe he'd come out to me if he saw my truck. But there was no one around. I grabbed my phone and climbed out of my truck. I walked up towards the house, looking between the windows, to see if I could spot anyone inside.

"What are you doing here, Ana?" A harsh voice called out from behind me. I swung my head back, my hair flying over my shoulder as I came to a stop. Jacob stood near my truck with his new cult-like members, Sam, Paul, Embry, and Jared. Not a single one of them wore a shirt.

He had completely changed. His hair was cut short, he had a tattoo on his shoulder, and he had grown a good few inches as well as getting very buff. He didn't even look like someone who was almost turning seventeen. Just like with Embry. he didn't look like my Jacob anymore.

I slowly approached him, wearily looking at the boys standing behind him. I looked back at him, my eyebrows furrowing. "You cut your hair." I noted softly. "And got a tattoo." I added as my eyes shot towards his shoulder.

Jacob approached me, his jaw clenching. "Go away," he gritted out as he leaned down, intimatingly close to my face.

"Go away?" I repeated as I raised my eyebrows, feeling a sudden wave of anger as I glared up at him, my lips parting.

"Yes," he snapped at me as he glared down at me with cold eyes. The same glare he gave Mike the night of the movie. What in the hell did I do to him?

"What happened to you?" I asked softly as my eyebrows furrowed. My eyes shot over his shoulder, staring at the four boys who stood a few feet behind him, mostly out of ear-shot. "Sam got to you. What did he do?" I asked softly as my eyes returned to Jacob.

"Sam's trying to help me, don't blame him." Jacob gritted out as he continued to glare down at me. Now he was defending Sam? After all his bitter talk about Sam and his cult being jerks.

"A few weeks ago, he was a jerk." I voiced my thoughts in a hushed voice as I raised my eyebrows at Jacob.

"It's not what you think," he snapped at me once again, and my eyebrows furrowed at his sudden 180° attitude towards me. Not even sulking Mike was this mean to me. "It's not what I thought, I was way off." He insisted.

"So what is it then?" I asked, and my voice was harsh enough to match his. I crossed my arms over my chest as I gave him a questioning look, my head tilting to the side.

He sighed deeply as he lowered his head. "I can't tell you." He muttered as he looked back up at me, pursing his lips as he shook his head.

I was silent for a second as I stared at him in utter confusion. I didn't understand what was going on. I didn't understand what was going on with him or why he was being like this with me. "I thought we were friends." I asked softly as I looked up at him with sad eyes.