•Rare day•

XVI

XVI. Rare day.

Monday morning Edward Cullen was waiting for me near my usual spot in the school parking lot. I bit back the surprised look on my face when I saw him. I pushed back the whole La Push conversations out of my head. They had given me enough of a headache over the weekend.

I stopped my truck and grabbed my bag from the passenger side. Jacob, or actually Sam's coat lay on the seat. I'd been meaning to take it down to the reservation but hadn't gotten around to it.

I climbed out of my truck, slinging my bag over my shoulder. I leaned against my truck, crossing my arms over my chest. "You missed out on a good time at the beach," I informed him. My gaze darted around as I spoke, first at my open truck door, then towards Edward's approaching figure and then to the ground, and then back to Edward as a smile tugged at my lips.

His nose scrunched up like he smelled the most ratchet thing on this green earth. He glanced around, his gaze lingering on my truck like it was the source of what caused his reaction. "What's that smell?" He asked as his eyebrows furrowed.

I sniffed the air, smelling my perfume mixed with the smell of rain lingering in the skies."I don't smell anything." I replied with a shake of my head as I closed my truck door. My eyebrows furrowed and I tugged at my coat, sniffing at it. "Wait, do I smell?" I asked.

"No, it's not you." He replied softly as he shook his head. His gaze lingered on my truck for a second, a scowl slipping onto his facial features. "It smells like a mutt." He gritted out.

I glanced around the parking lot, my eyebrows furrowing again. "There's no dogs around here," I informed him as I shook my head.

"Yeah." He muttered softly in agreement as he slowly nodded his head, his gaze darting around as he swallowed hard. "I have to go." He said as he turned around to walk away from me.

I raised my eyebrows, scoffing loud enough for him to stop and turn around to face me. "Seriously? Again with the mood swings?" I questioned him as I shook my head, fighting back hard against the temptation to roll my eyes or cuss him out.

"The smells making me nauseous." He explained as he pursed his lips, sighing deeply as his eyes remained on mine.

I looked around, throwing my arms up in the air before letting them fall back down by my sides. "I don't even smell anything," I argued as I shook my head again.

Edward sighed walking towards me and placing a hand on my back. "Come on, let's go to class." He urged me on as he led me through the parking lot and towards the school building. His jaw was tightly clenched and I could see him shoot a glare over his shoulder, right at my truck.

I huffed softly, sending him a side-eyed look with my eyes squinted and my eyebrows furrowed. "Seriously, I'm getting whiplash here," I muttered as we entered the busy school hallway.