•Ballet studio•

XXXV

XXXV. Ballet studio.

A day had passed and it was now Sunday. I slept most of the day. When I finally got up, the sun was still out and shining over the city. I went to take another bath. A long one again, because the bathroom was the only place Alice would leave me be. Again I lay there until scorching hot water turned ice cold. Afterward, I wrapped myself in my towel and sat there for a while.

I changed into another pair of Alice's clothes. Black sweatpants with a pink long-sleeved shirt for me to sleep in. I was exhausted and planning on returning to bed. It was doubtful that I would get any sleep, no matter how tired I felt. Jasper's mood effect didn't last long and all my emotions creeped back out of my chest.

The second I stepped out of the bathroom, I saw Alice sitting on the couch, suddenly going rigid as she stared ahead of her. Jasper rushed to her, sitting down next to her and placing his hands on her arms. "What do you see?" He asked.

"The tracker," Alice whispered, her eyes still staring ahead, looking dazed. "He just changed course..." She added as her eyebrows furrowed.

"Where will it take him, Alice?" Jasper asked as he grabbed a notepad and pen from the small wooden coffee table. He put the pen in her hand and guided it towards the notepad.

Alice's hand began furiously scribbling around the yellowish paper as she continued to stare ahead. "Mirrors. It's a room of mirrors." She uttered softly as she still drew what she saw.

I approached the coffee table, kneeling down on the opposite side. "How do the visions work?" I asked as my eyes drifted towards Jasper, my eyebrows furrowing. "Edward said they weren't always certain."

He nodded in confirmation of what Edward had told me. "She sees the course people are on, while they're on it." He explained as Alice continued to draw in a complete daze. "If they change their minds, the visions change." He added and I nodded in understanding.

I glanced down at the notepad, my eyebrows furrowing as I made sense of what Alice drew. The room of mirrors looked familiar. When she drew an arch on one side and metal cupboards on the other side, realization dawned on me. It looked exactly like my old ballet studio.

"So the course James is on now will lead him to... a ballet studio?" I asked softly as I quirked an eyebrow, looking back up at Jasper. His head snapped towards me and Alice's hand came to an abrupt stop as her eyes focused and she also looked at me.

"You've been here?" Jasper asked as his eyebrows furrowed, taking the notepad from Alice and handing it to me.

I took the notepad, looking at the picture to make sure it was my ballet studio. A look of horror crossed my face. "Yeah," I replied softly as I nodded my head. "This is my old Ballet studio," I informed them. "The arch and everything, it's the exact same." I insisted as I placed the notebook on the coffee table. This meant the path James was on right now, would lead him straight here.