•Insane•

VII

VII. Insane.

Edward didn't come back after he left with his father. It had been ten minutes and nurse Jackie had come to discharge me, telling me, my mother was with another patient but would be with me in a second.

I couldn't get out of that room soon enough. I grabbed my bag, pulling on my denim jacket that I had shoved in there this morning along with my long-forgotten gloves. I stepped out of the room with a deep sigh.

My gaze darted around, hoping to find my mother approaching me so that she could just take me home. As I turned toward the left side of the hallway, I froze for a second. Dr. Cullen, Edward, and Rosalie Cullen were standing a few feet away, having a heated discussion.

"This isn't just about you, it's about all of us." I could hear Rosalie snap at her brother.

Dr. Cullen pursed his lips and looked at his daughter, but then his gaze shot towards me. He sighed softly. "Let's take this in my office." He told his daughter, placing a hand on her shoulder while sending Edward a look.

Edward glanced over his shoulder, his gaze meeting mine. He didn't follow his father or sister as they walked away. He rather approached me. His jaw was clenched and his eyes cold. He looked intimidating.

"Maybe we should talk," I muttered softly as I stared up at him, crossing my arms over my chest, a frown tugging at my lips. I needed answers before I lost the last bit of sanity I had left.

He stared down at me with his cold eyes. "About what?" He asked in a low voice as his head tilted to the side.

"How did you get over to me so quickly?" I asked as I raised my eyebrows at him.

He let out a scoff, shaking his head at me. "I was standing right next to you." He told me in a firm voice, and his stare grew more intense. He wasn't even blinking anymore. Just staring at me as his jaw remained clenched.

My jaw clenched as well. "No, you weren't," I argued in a low voice as I slowly shook my head. "I'm not stupid." I snapped at him and he replied with an annoyed roll of his eyes. "You were next to your car, across the lot," I spoke in a hushed tone. This was not a conversation either of us wanted heard.

"No, I wasn't," he argued back, his stare growing even more intense as he loomed over me. He was deliberately trying to intimidate me. That meant I couldn't be that far off with this ludicrous argument. Was I actually going insane?

"Yes. You were. " I gritted out,

He rolled his eyes once again and shook his head. "You're confused. You hit your head." He said as he sighed softly, his eyebrows knitting together.

My eyes squinted and I scoffed at him. "I know what I saw," I muttered softly as my arms unfolded and dropped to my sides, my first balling up and clenching tightly, my nails digging into the soft skin of my palms.