•Blood typing•

XI

XI. Blood typing

Again I found myself sitting with Edward Cullen at lunch, after he had insisted it. He walked with me to get lunch, not getting anything but a small fruit cup himself, and then he steered me to the empty table at the back of the cafeteria. Both Angela and Jessica flashed me smiles when we passed their table.

I stared at Edward as he pushed around the fruit in the cup, not eating a single bite. I took a bite of my own fruit bowl, chewing and swallowing before turning to him and pursing my lips.

"You make me sit with you at lunch every day, people are going to start talking," I warned him lightheartedly.

Edward happily turned his focus away from the fruit cup in front of him, abandoning it altogether as he pushed it away and turned to me. "It's a small town, people will talk if I even look at you for a second too long." He replied and I hummed in agreement. "So, any more theories?" He asked curiously as he raised his eyebrows.

I stared at him as a wide smile tugged at my lips. My eyes slowly drifted down to the table before briefly closing as I scrunched my nose. "Many," I informed him with a playful glint in my eyes as I looked at him. He flashed me a small smile. "I'm going to figure you out," I informed him as I firmly nodded my head.

Edward's small smile disappeared and he sighed softly, lowering his head as his gaze turned to his lap. "I wish you wouldn't try." He whispered as he shook his head.

My eyebrows furrowed, the same sullen atmosphere surrounding us. I felt an unsettled feeling deep within my chest. It was uncomfortable. I tried to push the feeling away, I had no reason to be unsettled. But it remained. I sighed, turning my attention to Edward. "Why is that?" I asked softly.

He pursed his lips as his eyes hesitantly flicked up to meet mine. "Because I already told you, maybe I'm not the good guy." He replied in a soft tone of voice.

My eyes squinted, with the sullen atmosphere and the foreign feeling in my chest, I tried to lighten up the mood a little. Because except for being an asshole at times, Edward didn't seem like a bad guy to me. "What, are you a serial killer?" I asked lightheartedly as I raised my eyebrows.

The smallest smile returned to his lips. "No, I suppose not." He muttered with a small shake of his head as he lowered his head, hiding his face from me.

"Then you can't be that bad," I replied with a shrug of my shoulders and I shook my head. The bell rang and I looked up as the students got up and began making their way towards their classes. I got up, grabbing my bag from the floor. "We're gonna be late," I muttered.

For two days now, I have been late for biology. For two days now, I have walked towards the class with Edward. Definitely a connection there. We always walked at a leisurely pace and chatted on our way to biology, and yesterday we were warned about not pushing our two days in a row tardiness, to three days.