•Baseball•

XXXII

XXXII. Baseball.

For the past week of Spring break, I hung out with Angela a few times, going to Port Angeles with her to shop, we went to the beach once and once to watch a movie. The rest of my time was spent with Edward. We hung out at my house, watching movies, and we went to his house to practice the piano or walk around the woods. We also went to the Meadow a lot.

We were once again sitting in the flowery grass of the Meadow. The sun wasn't shining so the weather was nice and cold up here. I was lying with my head on Edward's lap, picking at a flower I had plucked from the ground.

"So I wanted to ask you something," Edward spoke softly as he ran a hand through my hair. He was sitting up straight, one arm outstretched behind him, his hand firmly placed on the ground to support his weight. My gaze lifted from the flower and I looked at him with curious eyes. "My family is playing baseball tomorrow," he informed me. "I want you to come with."

I silently stared up at him. I've been over to his house a few times now, and while for the most part, I was treated very well; Esme, Alice, and Carlisle already treated me like I was family, and Emmette warming up to me, I still felt a hostility from Rosalie and Jasper kept his distance.

I sat up, shifting so that my body faced his. "I don't want to intrude," I said softly as I slowly shook my head, my lips pursed and my eyes down on my lap.

Edward reached out his hand, his cold fingers brushing over my chin and tilting my head up so that my eyes were forced to meet his. "You won't." He assured me softly as he shook his head.

I sighed softly, pulling my face free from his grip and shaking my head as I looked back down to my lap. "But Rosalie-" I whispered as I closed my eyes tightly for a brief second.

"Will just have to get over it," Edward said, cutting my sentence off. He cupped my cheek, tilting my head so that I'd look at him again. "I'm with you now and she has to accept that." He insisted as his thumb brushed over my cheek. He offered me a small smile. "Esme is really looking forward to seeing you again." He informed me.

My heart fluttered at his second sentence and a soft smile spread onto my lips. He'd stand up to his own sister, adopted or not, for me and our relationship. For some reason, I felt touched by the sentiment, knowing he felt that strongly about me.

"Okay, I'll come," I confirmed with a nod of my head as my smile grew a little. Edward returned my smile before pulling me closer, placing a light kiss on my lips as his thumb brushed over my cheek again.

The following morning, I was woken up by the smell of omelets being made downstairs. For once in a very long while, I didn't wake up with Edward next to me. Because of me playing baseball with them, he and his family went hunting to prepare.

As I got ready, I wondered how I'd even play with them. How does a mere human girl even play baseball with vampires when she can't even keep up with humans? As I've mentioned before, baseball wasn't a sport I was good at. Maybe I'd just watch from the sideline, where I'd be safe. Rosalie would probably hit the ball in my direction on purpose anyway.