•Theories•

X

X. Theories.

I stood in the lunch line with Jessica, Angela, and Mike, waiting for both Angela and Mike to finish grabbing their food before we could head to our usual table. I was willing Mike with my mind to just pick faster between an apple and damn bana. I was starving.

Jessica looked just as annoyed by Mike's indecisiveness. Her eyes drifted over the cafeteria and suddenly a smile tugged at her lips as her gaze shot towards me. She nudged my shoulder. "Edward Cullen is staring at you." She informed me.

Mike's head snapped back towards us at the mention of Edward Cullen. "At who?" He questioned as his gaze darted between me and Jessica.

"Ana," Jessica replied, looking at him with furrowed eyebrows. I turned my head, looking in the direction of where Edward usually sat but his seat was empty at his siblings' table. My gaze darted around until I found him sitting alone at the back of the cafeteria. When my eyes met his, he lifted two fingers and beckoned me towards him. "Does he mean you?" Jessica asked as her eyes widened at me.

Angela looked back at Edward before looking at me as she joined me and Jessica, having finished picking out her food. "Go to him, Ana." She encouraged me and Jessica nodded in agreement as she nudged my shoulder again.

"I want to hear everything later," Jessica whispered to me, an excited smile tugging at her lips.

I lightly rolled my eyes at her. "He probably needs help with his biology homework," I muttered with a shrug of my shoulder before turning around and walking towards Edward Cullen. What could he possibly want? Probably wants to see how much he can annoy me before I snap. "Can I help you?" I asked as I stopped in front of his table.

He flashed me a small smile as he reached out for the chair next to him, pulling it out. "Why don't you sit with me today?" He asked as he quirked an eyebrow.

I raised my eyebrows at him and tilted my head to the side. His smile grew a little as he nodded towards the chair next to him. I reluctantly placed my tray on the table before sitting down next to him. I stared at him with squinted eyes. "You seriously give me so much whiplash," I muttered softly.

He chuckled because he knew I was right. He glanced toward my friend's table, his smile growing as he turned back to me. "I think your friends are angry with me for stealing you from them." He mused.

I glanced towards my friends, seeing Mike, Eric, and Tyler staring towards me and Edward, while Angela and Jessica chatted away. I turned back towards Edward, shrugging my shoulders. "I'm sure they'll survive," I said softly, knowing those three boys were just being nosy anyway.

"I may not give you back though." Edward teased as he crossed his arms over the table, his smile turning into a playful grin as he stared at me.

I couldn't help the smile that tugged at my lips. I turned my attention down to my tray of food. "Maybe I'll just run away," I replied with a shrug of my shoulders, glancing over at him as I opened my yogurt and began eating.