•Spring dance•

VIII

VIII. Spring dance.

Soon we arrived at the greenhouse which was our field trip for the day. We were instructed to study the different plants as Mr. Molina walked through with us, explaining the process of why these different types of plants were here and what was being done with them.

As I followed the crowd of people, I spotted Edward observing a plant that was placed underneath a light. I approached him, leaning in close to him. "Just be careful of the fluorescents," I whispered sarcastically before moving with the rest of the students again.

Edward rolled his eyes and followed behind me, his arm brushing against me- that's how close he was. "So do you not like dances or just don't like Mike?" He questioned and my eyebrows furrowed. "Or are you actually going to Seattle?" he asked curiously.

I shot him a confused look over my shoulder. "How did you hear that?" I asked him softly as I crossed my arms over my chest, my focus returning in front of me.

He softly hummed as he stepped aside to walk next to me instead of behind me. "You didn't answer my question." He replied with a shake of his head.

I gave him a side-eyed look before rolling my eyes, making sure he saw I rolled them. I huffed. "Right, because you've been so good at answering any of mine," I muttered softly and I heard him inhale sharply. "You going to tell me how you stopped that van?" I asked softly, still not wanting anyone else to hear this ridiculous conversation topic.

"Adrenaline rush." He replied with a shake of his head. "Very common. Google it." He insisted.

I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to him, forcing him to stop abruptly as well. The students behind us grumbled in annoyance as they passed us. My eyes squinted at Edward and my lips parted. "You had all night, and that's the lie you came up with?" I asked as I raised my eyebrows.

Edward's jaw clenched as he rolled his eyes. "I'm not lying." he gritted out in a low voice as he slowly shook his head. He huffed in annoyance and turned his head away from me as he closed his eyes to calm himself.

Jessica rushed up to me with an excited smile on her face, grabbing onto my arm. "Ana, guess what." She squealed excitedly. Edward let out a soft huff and continued walking through the greenhouse.

I stared at Edward with furrowed eyebrows before turning to Jessica, my annoyance turning into curiosity. "What?" I asked softly as I raised my eyebrows.

"I asked Mike to the dance, and he said yes." She squealed in excitement again as her smile grew. I felt a little relieved at this. For now, my friendship with Jessica wasn't at risk because of the blonde boy.

"Of course he did," I replied as I offered her a confident grin. I hooked my arm in with hers and we walked through the greenhouse together. "He'd be crazy not to." I insisted and Jessica smiled shyly.