19

Taehyung wakes up and orders breakfast, coffee, and milk. He looks outside and checks the weather update: -12°C. He walks towards the next door, Jungkook's. Taehyung gently knocks on the door, but there's no response. "Kooki," he calls out, opening the door to find Jungkook in a roly-poly on the bed.

"Where is he?" Taehyung wonders aloud, shouting Jungkook's name as he pulls the bedsheet. "Get ready; we need to attend a meeting in 8."

"8? No way," protests Jungkook, emerging from the cloth roll. "It's cold and dark."

"It's 7 am, Jungkook. Get up and arrange the files. It looks like I'm working under you," Taehyung replies.

"No, the roly-poly sits on his knees in bed. "You're so cruel, Taehyung. I am a small child. How can you do this to me?" he says, making a sad face.

Taehyung looks at him, "Stupid," he mutters, removing the bedsheet from Jungkook. "No, I'll die," Jungkook protests, layered in bedsheets, a blanket, and several sweaters

"How many socks are you wearing?" Taehyung asks.

"Fourteen - seven mine, seven yours," Jungkook replies.

"This room is warm. Please come out."

"No, I will die," Jungkook insists, wrapped in layers. Taehyung catches him by the collar. "Go and freshen up. We need to go sharp at 8."

"Do you want me to bathe?" Jungkook questions.

"Jeon, I'll give you five minutes. Get ready and meet me at the breakfast table." He then walks out of the room, leaving Jungkook grumbling about the cold....

********"*"

"What the hell are you talking about, Jin?" Mrs. Kim shouted at her son.

"The truth, Mom. Jungkook's stepfather killed the whole family for wealth. He only knows about some property and cash, not the land related to us. That's why he tried to kill Jungkook."

"What's the connection between Jungkook and the Kims? Who is he?"

"He's the grandson of Mr. Jeon, our Grandpa's best friend and partner. Mr. Jeon left the company midway, but he still holds a share. That's why I'm suggesting Jungkook and Taehyung's marriage as soon as possible."

"But Jin, we can give their share.

"We would lose our entire industry because Mr. Jeon started it."

"No, Binna, her parents already spoke with me," she sighed.

"Mom, Tae loves Jungkook, not Binna. I offered some money, and she happily accepted. That chapter is closed. Before his stepfather knows about his worth, he should be a Kim."

"Why the rush?"

"Jungkook is an idiot most of the time. He still believes his family loves him. We'll send the appointment letter in his name, but they'll send Jungkook to the job. Maybe it's God's plan."

"Whatever, let them come back," Mrs. Kim sighed. "The Kims' in-laws never allow us to be happy. I think that boy is happy now," she smiled awkwardly.

"Mom," Jin called her.

"I'm lucky to have you as my son, Jin. You bring this family together. You even married for the family."

"I got a  husband and child, Mom. It's okay. Let him grow up. Goodnight, Mom. Once they land, the next day will be their marriage," Jin said ...

***********