11

"Jungkook, get up. Let's go home," Taehyung called the boy.

"You go; I will come tomorrow," Jungkook covered himself with the duvet.

"What? Get up, Jungkook. You're not here for sleep."

"No, I won't come. Kooki is sleepy."

"Sofia was better," Taehyung gritted his teeth. He removed the blanket. "Get up, little fool," he shouted.

"No, Kooki is tired," Jungkook cried. "I want to sleep," he scratched his head.

Taehyung stared at him: messy hair, closed eyes, scrunchy nose, pouty lips. "Sofia would be presentable every second." Suddenly, Jungkook hugged Tae's waist. "I'm so sleepy, hyung."

Taehyung took a deep breath, then carried the boy and placed him on his waist, walking towards the lift. Jungkook hugged him, placing his head on Tae's shoulder, and slept like a baby. The maids and security looked at them, as if witnessing something amazing. The security opened the car door; Tae placed Jungkook on the back seat. He opened the driver's seat, started the car.

**********

Taehyung urgently messaged Sofia, urging her to join the firm promptly. Frustrated, he glanced at Jungkook, who was asleep in the back seat. "Stupid," Taehyung murmured, speeding down the empty road at 2 a.m. Abruptly, a van braked in front of them. Taehyung reacted swiftly, bringing the car to a halt without collision. Attempting to maneuver, he realized multiple vans had surrounded them. Jungkook woke, disoriented, "Where are we? Why so much traffic?" he asked.

"Whatever happens, don't come out of the car," Taehyung warned Jungkook as he retrieved a gun.

"Don't be an idiot. Let's stay in the car. What if they shoot you? There are too many people," Jungkook said, grabbing Taehyung's hand.

"If I don't get out, they'll catch you too, Kooki. Stay safe. Once again, don't come out," Taehyung instructed, swiftly opening the car door and securing it. Jungkook stared intently through the window as Tae skillfully dispatched an approaching man with a gunshot, followed by a powerful kick to another. Two more fell to his precise gunfire. Despite a gun pointed at him, Taehyung retaliated, knocking the assailant down. He seized a person's head, forcefully colliding it with the car's bonnet, eliciting a horrified scream from Jungkook as blood splattered.

Two more bullets swiftly took down additional threats, bringing the count to around sixteen assailants. Taehyung stood alone, facing the adversaries with determination. Inside the locked car, Jungkook attempted to open the door in vain and then tried to break the seemingly impenetrable window. Suddenly, a well-aimed bullet shattered the glass. Seizing the opportunity, Jungkook kicked the person attempting to apprehend him, breaking free from the confines of the car. Though not a seasoned fighter, he managed to skillfully knock down two or three adversaries, adding his own force to the intense action unfolding.

"Did I not tell you not to come out, stupid?" Taehyung screamed while twisting a man's head.

"They broke the window, not me!" Jungkook yelled back.

"Useless." Tae shot a man running towards Jungkook. "Do you know how to shoot?" Taehyung asked.

"Yes, but my mobile is broken; give me yours."

"I will fire you, stupid." He shot another assailant.

"Hyung, we don't have any problems between us, but I want to help him. Sorry," Jungkook said to a man before smashing his head against the car's body.

Taehyung rushed to Jungkook and covered him. "What are you doing, boss?"

"They never kill me, but you." Taehyung hugged Jungkook with one hand and shot at every person approaching them. It was a 9mm handgun with 20 rounds. "Sit here." He made Jungkook sit on the floor. Jungkook stared at the man guarding him, wondering why he was so important to Taehyung.

Tae took another pistol from his boot. "Walking weapon store," Jungkook murmured. Tae loaded the pistol. "Don't wake up from there, Yoongi," Taehyung said to Kooki.

"Yoongi?" Jungkook frowned as car lights approached them. Within seconds, security guards knocked down the attackers.

"Tae," Jin ran towards him. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am."

"Let's go back home," Jin said, and Tae nodded. Tae sat beside Jungkook. "Are you okay?" He checked Jungkook's body, finding a small wound on his neck. "Someone tried to cut his throat," Taehyung gritted his teeth. "Come." He carried Jungkook as before and walked to the car. Jin's car sped to Kim's, followed by security vehicles.

"Who the hell was that, Park?" Jin screamed over the phone. "How dare that person touch my boy?" Jin fisted his hand in anger, punching the car seat. Jungkook moved closer to Taehyung, scared by Jin's erupting anger, remembering Jimin's warning about the man being a symbol of cruelty.

"It's nothing, Kooki," Taehyung smiled and hugged the boy to his chest.

The car stopped in Kim's parking ground. Namjoon rushed towards them. "Are you okay, Tae?"

"Yes, Hyung."

"Jin," Jungkook saw a lady walking towards him, followed by Mr. Park.

"Robert Raxz, that American." Mr. Park said.

"Tae?" The lady called and hugged him. "I'm okay, Mom," Taehyung said.

"Mom?" Jungkook's eyes widened in amazement. She looked very young to be their mother.

"Let's go," she entered Jin's car, followed by Namjoon and Mr. Park.

"Go and take rest," Jin said to Taehyung and got into the car. Four or five cars left Kim's garage, following the main car.

"Let's go inside, Jungkook," Taehyung held the boy's hand and walked inside.

"Will the police arrest you?" Jungkook asked.

"For what?"

"You killed so many people today."

"I don't remember that. I'm so tired of carrying you; now carry me," Tae turned towards him.

"No, I'm also tired. I was also fighting with them..." Jungkook pouted. Tae stared at him, then his eyes fell on Jungkook's neck. "Come," he walked towards the lift immediately.... Jungkook follow him with lot of doubts...