𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛 𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭.

♫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐯𝐞          𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞♫

The morning sunlight gently filled the room, casting a warm glow on the stillness and silence. The girl's bed lay empty and in disarray, hinting at a restless night. Though it felt like hours, I knew it had only been a short while since I woke up. My body lacked the energy to rise, as if every muscle was engulfed in flames, and my mind felt muddled within my skull. With great care, I managed to sit up, wincing at the sharp pain that shot through my back. Slowly, I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. My gaze fell upon the nightstand, where the digital clock displayed the time in bold red numbers: 8:47 am.

Summoning whatever strength remained within me, I rose from the bed, feeling the soreness in every inch of my body. Stiffly, I made my way towards the bathroom, my steps cautious and deliberate. As I looked at myself in the mirror, I was met with sunken, clear blue eyes staring back at me. My hair was a tangled mess, and the back of my arms bore numerous abrasions. Curiously, I turned around and lifted my shirt, revealing a canvas of scratches, abrasions, and a few gauze pads held in place by adhesive tape, their white fabric already stained with my blood.

"Fuck." I muttered, carefully pulling my shirt back down. The fabric clung to my sweaty skin. Cautiously, I made my way out of the room, my attention drawn to the left where I could hear the sound of chatter and the lingering smell of bacon in the air. The aroma mixed with the faint scent of disinfectant, creating an odd combination that made my stomach churn.

My stomach growled, reminding me that I hadn't eaten yet. It was strange that Tom or Julia hadn't woken me up for breakfast. Tom was usually very strict about it, even threatening me if I refused to eat. The absence of their usual routine left me feeling uneasy, as if something was off.

I descended the stairs, the wooden steps creaking under my weight. The soft morning light filtered through the windows, casting a warm glow on the polished floor. As I entered the kitchen, the scene before me unfolded like a surreal tableau. Everyone was gathered around the island, the guys voices blending together in a symphony of conversation as the girls just sat there in silence. Plates clinked, utensils scraped against ceramic.

That's when I noticed Remi, sitting at the end of the island with her head down and her hands in her lap. The plate of food in front of her was getting cold as she swayed slowly from side to side, clearly still disoriented from the drugs they had given her. A wave of guilt washed over me as I watched her, her vulnerability laid bare for all to see. While Lilith sat there as if nothing had happened, her eyes fixed on her own plate, seemingly oblivious to the shit she had caused.

Suddenly, I heard a loud thud, jolting me out of my thoughts. I turned my attention back to Remi, my heart pounding in my chest. She had fallen off the stool and was groaning on the ground. Without hesitation, I rushed over, my hands trembling as I fell to my knees. Gently, I flipped her over to sit her down, cradling her in my arms. The sight of blood on her forehead and on the corner of the countertop sent a shiver down my spine.

"Let her go, Drea." Tom said calmly, his voice cutting through the silence.

"She just hit her head, for fuck's sake." I exclaimed, my voice filled with a mix of frustration and concern. The words tumbled out of my mouth, a desperate plea for someone to acknowledge the severity of the situation.

I gently placed Remi back on the ground and locked eyes with Tom, my gaze filled with defiance. I made my way towards the fridge, intending to grab something to eat. But before I could reach the fridge door, Tom forcefully grabbed my hair and yanked me back.