𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐞𝐝.

♫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐯𝐞          𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞♫

I find myself sprawled across the back seats, unable to escape the relentless throbbing pain in my head, and the persistent ringing in my ears. With each sharp turn Tom takes, he speeds and swerves the car, the seatbelt buckles carving into my sides at each turn. My gaze remains fixed on the floor, a mosaic of discarded wrappers and forgotten items, illuminated briefly by passing streetlights.

I lie there, a statue of fear, as we approach the looming house. Dread and unease swirl within me. I can't deny it—I'm fucking terrified. I don't know what this fucking lunatic is going to do to me and I don't want to even think of it, the very thought is just making twists my stomach, In a desperate bid to escape the looming dread, I grasp onto memories of my siblings, and couple memories I was able to make with Lina in the short time that I've know her, their faces, smiles, laughter, and touch is ingrained into my senses, Their infectious laughter and the warmth of their embraces flicker through my thoughts.

Tears streak down my cheeks, as the car jerks to an abrupt stop. The sudden halt triggers a rush of guilt. I left my siblings with our abusive parents to flee, and now, I'm thrust back into the chaos, a haunting cycle I thought I escaped.

I've never wanted to be home so bad.

Suddenly, Tom steps out of the car and swiftly opens the door where my feet were. I try to sit up, but before I can react, he grabs my ankles and forcefully yanks me out of the car.

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME!" I screamed, kicking my feet in a desperate attempt to break free from his grasp, but my efforts were useless.

He dragged my body along the harsh gravel driveway, each jagged rock piercing my bare skin, eliciting sharp stabs of pain with every inch. The friction against the rough surface made me cry out in agony as he pulled me relentlessly until we finally reached the chillingly cool wooden floor of the house.

I whimpered in pain, stiffly and carefully sitting up, the cuts on my back stinging burning with each movement, a couple pieces of gravel that stuck to my back fall to the hardwood floors.

"YOU THINK YOU'RE FUCKING CLEVER?!" he spat, forcefully bringing himself down to my level. A sharp blow struck my head, sending me stumbling back to the floor, struggling to maintain balance, as my vision started to double.

"I OWN YOU NOW. WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!" His scream pierced the air, his words searing into me.

He talks to me as though I'm nothing more than property, devoid of meaning or humanity.

Slowly, I turn to meet his gaze, feeling an overwhelming sense of disbelief. How could someone harbor such callous disregard for another human being? It's astonishing, leaving me dumbfounded by the lack of empathy this person has, how he's unable to recognize me as a person with emotions and feelings.

"OWN ME?!" I exclaimed, a surge of defiance rising within me.

"YOU DON'T FUCKING OWN ANYONE!" I spat, refusing to succumb to his delusions of control.

"YOU'RE A CRAZED, DERANGED LUNATIC, THAT NEEDS FUCKING HELP!" I exclaimed, my voice charged with a mix of fear and frustration, unable to comprehend the distorted reality he inhabits.

Before I could utter another word, he lunged at me, his fingers coiling into my hair with such a force. In a swift, predatory move, he rose, compelling me to stand with him, the pressure on my scalp intensifying. The side of our faces pressed together, his erratic breath tickling my ear.