𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥.

♫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐯𝐞          𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞♫

I fluttered my eyes open, feeling an intense ache pulsating through every inch of my body. The pounding in my head was relentless, making it difficult to focus my blurry vision on my surroundings. As I mustered the strength to move my arms, I realized that metal cuffs were constricting my wrists and ankles, keeping me tightly strapped down. Panic surged through me, causing my heart to thunder in my chest. A whirlwind of thoughts raced through my mind, leaving me unable to comprehend why this was happening to me. Questions flooded my thoughts: Why me? What was going to happen next? The weight of these overwhelming thoughts churned my stomach, but as my vision gradually straightened out, I could finally make out the figure of a woman sitting at a vanity. She was focused on applying makeup to her face, her every movement deliberate and calculated, frantic I look to my right seeing two other empty beds.

"Oh, you're awake." she suddenly said causing my eyes to dart back to her as she put down whatever she had in her hand and turning to face me. The dim lighting in the room made her appearance still blurry from a distance. I struggled to hold back my tears as I softly asked her, "Where am I?"

"Oh honey, it's okay. My name is Yasmine, you're going to be just fine, okay? Don't cry." she reassured me with a thick Spanish accent. She got up and came towards me, her features becoming more apparent as she got closer, offering me comfort. Her long, soft fingers wiped away the tears that fell down my cheek.

"What's your name, hon?" she said in a sweet and soft voice.

"Andrea." I replied, my voice quivering with fear and confusion.

"Okay, well listen very carefully to the words I'm going to tell you, sweetheart." Yasmine said, caressing my cheeks as she leaned in closer. Her olive green eyes were bright and vibrant, their piercing gaze penetrating mine.

"This is going to be your new home from now on, so I hope you get used to it. I'm sorry it has to be this way." she said, her tone turning colder and more serious. "I suggest you not fight back for anything if you want to keep your sanity or your precious little face intact."

I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of her mouth. "What...?" I managed to breathe out in disbelief before I could continue, the door swung open suddenly. The man with cornrows stormed in, dragging a blonde-haired girl by her shirt.

"Please, Tom, I can't." the girl sobbed, but he cut her off with a stern tone.

"Do you want to end up like Angela?" he asked, leaning down to her level.

She quickly composed herself and shook her head. "No, sir," she replied softly.

"You have 40 minutes. Hurry the fuck up; you look like shit," he snarled at her. Then he noticed me and glanced at Yasmine, who was sitting next to me.

"When were you going to tell me she woke up?" he asked sternly.

"I was going to, sir. I just wanted to make sure she was alright," Yasmine said, her gaze unwavering as he approached us. He stood mere inches away, and she held her head back, looking up at him with a determined expression.

"I thought I told you to come to me as soon as she woke up." he says, his fingers clamping onto a forceful handful of the back of her hair, yanking it back with such vigour that she winces in pain. The room is dimly lit, the only source of light filtering through heavy curtains, casting long shadows across the scene.

"I'm sorry, sir." she responds, her voice steady despite the discomfort. Her eyes dart to the floor, avoiding his piercing gaze. The room feels suffocating, the air thick with tension and fear.