|Chapter 32|

Chapter 32: "Misunderstandings"

December 6, 1987, Bel-Air, Los Angeles

Amahle POV

The late morning sun painted the sky with hues of pink and gold, illuminating the living room, the sweet sounds of Billy Ocean played as I cleaned . Michael has been busy with studio recording and filming for his upcoming movie these pass following days. I decided to stay home and clear my mind, yet obviously that was not working. Amidst the routine chores, my mind couldn't escape the looming threat that Darren posed. Although I'm here in L.A., and seemingly safe yet there was still underlying fear lingered.

As my mind begin continue to roam, I felt a tap on my shoulder, I jumped "Shit you scared me Dulce " I said holding my chest "I'm so sorry" her dominican accent rang loud, Dulce was the daughter of Michael's maid, Sophia, who couldn't come in due to a sudden illness. Dulce speaks with a broken accent, a mix of Dominican and Californian slang that always brought a smile to my face. She had a vibrant energy that seemed to brighten any room she entered.

"It's alright, Dulce. What's up?" I smiled, trying to shake off the residual jitters from the surprise. "Sorry, Amahle. I just wanted to see if you needed any help. You look a bit lost in thought," Dulce said, her brown eyes filled with concern. "Oh love, I'm all good here, and it's nothing I'm fine, did you need any help?" I said with a half smile "You sure? and I was just wrapping up the upper levels, and was about to start on the east wing"

I appreciated Dulce's offer, her willingness to help bringing a sense of camaraderie. "Thanks, Dulce. I appreciate it. You can start on the east wing, and I'll finish up here in the living room. Let's get this shit finish," I said, with a smile

Dulce grinned, her energy infectious. "You got it, Amahle! We'll have this place shining in no time." With that, she grabbed a cleaning cloth and headed towards the east wing of the house.

As I continued cleaning, my mind drifted back to the events of the past days. The threat from Darren was like a dark cloud hanging over us, casting shadows even in the brightest moments. I couldn't shake the feeling of vulnerability, the knowledge that danger could strike at any time. But amidst the uncertainty, the bonds with those around me, like Dulce, became a source of strength.

The rhythmic sound of Billy Ocean's music provided a backdrop to my thoughts. I moved around the living room, dusting off surfaces and rearranging a few items. The familiar surroundings offered a sense of comfort, a temporary escape from the external pressures.

After a while, finished up the living room and decided to make my way over to Dulce. As I made down the hall, I bumped into Bill "I've been looking for you" he said, I pointed at myself, confused on why he would be looking for me. "Yes you child, I want you to go get ready, I'm taking you to Michael NOW!" he said walking away pissed.