|Chapter 20|

Chapter 20: Bearing Scars, Building Bonds

*Warning this chapter includes mature content*

August 26,1987
Parks Residents,  New Orleans, Louisiana

I woke up feeling the pain from last night event's overwhelming me, I turned over to see if Mo was still here but she wasn't, but that was fine.

I sat up in whined in pain "fuck" I said as I eased myself out the bed. I didn't hear any moving or smelled any cooking, what time is it I thought, I looked over towards my dresser to check the time on my desk clock.

It read 12 noon , damn it. I never wake up this late or really like waking up this late when I'm home. I stepped out of the room and walked into the kitchen I didn't see hear or see anyone, honestly I was relieved after last night and what I saw in the mirror it was for the best.

I saw note on the island from my mom, "hey baby I have work this afternoon but I'll be home tonight, but Sanaa is with her friends today but she shouldn't be home to late, breakfast is in the oven, I'll see you later xo mom"

Well I guess I'll have to deal with the questions later on then, I put the note down and sighed with relief, I grabbed the leftover breakfast from the oven and put it in the microwave to reheat until I heard the door open.

I peered around the corner to see my sister and friend laughing, I decided to ignore them and quickly grabbed my food and try to b line it to my room.

"Amahle" I heard my sister call out I just closed my door behind her and locked it. I sat on my bed and before I could dive into my food I heard a knocked on my door "not you locking me out" I heard my sister and her friend laughing and I just ignored them.

She kept pounding on my door "bitch open up" she giggled "I know your little boyfriend isn't here" she said as she kept knocking, this went on for 10 minutes straight and I just ignored her.

After that she left my door alone. I finished eating and rolled me up another blunt, i cracked my window and before I could light it, my sister knocked again "Amahle please what's wrong, what did I do?" She said concerned behind the door.

I sighed and opened "got y..." she stopped mid sentence after seeing my face "did she fin...oh shit" her friend said, I just walked back to my bed and picked up the blunt. "Close my door" I said nonchalantly as I lit the blunt. She ignored me and just walked in.

"Who was it" she asked, I ignored her and continued to smoke, she snatched the blunt out of my hand "who was it" she gritted "it's none of your concern" I said rolling my eyes "okay then" she said handing me back my blunt and leaving the room

"What are you about to do" I called out to her "calling mama" she said I hopped out the bed quickly and ran into the living room "don't call her" I said as I seen her standing by the phone.

"Tell me then ?" "Sanaa..."  "did you at least tell Michael" she spat, I just looked down at the ground "call him now" she gritted "I'm not doing that, he is b..." "call him now or I'm calling mom" "what is he going to do" I said annoyed

"You need to explain why you won't be going with him anymore until this is fixed" she said bluntly "I'm not staying here maybe for another week or until.." "you honestly believe all those bruises will be gone by then" she said concern