|Chapter 22|

Chapter 22: "Harmony in Chaos"

Michael POV

A few hours later the plane landed at LAX, I turned to amahle who was sleeping soundly next to me. I smiled then immediately sighed knowing what's to come in the next hour or so. "Baby were here" I said gently shaking her awake. she rubbed her eyes and yawn "I'm up...I'm Up" she said.

I giggled and grabbed our bags, before we exited the plane I noticed Bill outside waiting in the Lincoln Town car I was grateful he came back a day early to be prepared to come get us. He greeted us with a smile "How was the trip" he asked as if he wasn't there.

"Funny Joke bill, I'm gonna head to the phone booth by the terminal I'll be back shortly" he nodded and helped Amahle with the bags. As I walked to the phone-booth I felt my hand become clammy and heart began to race. I enter the telephone booth and dial the number.

The line began to ring, after about three rings he finally picked up "Hello" I heard LaVelle's voice on the line, I shallowed before speaking "Hey Velle it's me, Michael" "Oh hey Mike what's up" he sounded cheery, I sighed, this is gonna be a long night, I thought. "I need you meet me at my house in the next forty five minutes to an hour" I said

"Uh...is everything alright" he asked curiously "Uh.. Kind of we need to talk" I said in a serious manner "Okay then...I'll see you in a bit" he said half worried then he ended the call. Fuck I thought, as I walked back to the car.

Once I got in the car I plopped in the seat leaning my head against the head rest "Is everything alright ?" amahle asked, I nodded "Yeah, just have to have a serious conversation with your cousin. Remember...It might not go well," I admitted, my gaze fixed on the passing city lights.

"Oh" I heard her say, I turned to her, seeing her head staring at her lap, playing with her fingers. She's just as nervous as I am and I don't blame her. We arrived at the house, and I could feel the tension building within me as I stepped out of the car. LaVelle's car was already parked in the driveway, and the anticipation of the impending conversation hung in the air.

I got out the car, leaving Amahle in the backseat by herself, and walked over to Lavelle. We greeted each other and walk inside. As we entered the house, LaVelle stood in the doorway, his expression a mix of curiosity and concern. "What's going on, Michael?" he asked, his eyes flickering confusion.

I just walked into my living room, motioning for LaVelle to follow. We sat on the couch, the room heavy with an unspoken tension. I heard the front door signaling that Bill and Amahle were in the house, anixety over-washed, hoping that LaVelle doesn't see her. "Who is that?" he asked turning towards the hall, to see Amahle and bill heading towards the stairs.

"Why is she here, is she stealing my job" he chuckled, I gave him an awkward laugh, I sighed and gave him an earnest expression "what is this about Michael" he said suspiciously, I hung my head low not wanting to answer. He sighed and smacked his teeth "Are you sleeping with my cousin" he gritted, I didn't answer, I heard him get up from the couch.

"Are YOU Serious!" he yelled

LaVelle's voice echoed through the room, his disbelief palpable. I looked up, meeting his gaze, my expression serious. "LaVelle, it's not just about that. There's more to it, and I need you to listen," I said, my tone steady.

He crossed his arms, a defensive stance, and leaned against the wall. "Fine, then talk. What's going on?" he demanded, a hint of irritation in his voice.

I took a deep breath, trying to choose my words carefully. "Amahle and I are exploring a relationship. It's not just a casual thing, and it's not about stealing your job or anything like that. We care about each other, and I wanted to be honest with you."