|Chapter 24|

Chapter 24:"Promise of Tokyo Nights"
*Mature Content Ahead*

Michael POV

After meeting with Janet I decided to go to my actual house to make a few phone calls, I wanted the night that I ask Amahle to be my girlfriend to be perfect. I opened my office door and began looking for my phone book, once I found it I looked for Mozella number. Before we left Louisiana I made sure I had gotten her number to make sure I had gotten everything for her for the tour.

A few rings later and I heard her voice on the other line "Hello?" she said more like a question "Hey Mozella it's Michael" "Oh, what's up" she said dryly, "is everything alright ?" I questioned "What's going with this old nigga name frank" she said bluntly, I faced palmed my forehead. I've should've seen this coming though, understanding that Mozella is her best friend.

"Actually I've handled that, he'll mind his business for now on" I stated "Yeah because telling my girl to wait for you for almost two years is asinine" she said with an attitude , I was baffled at that remark, how dare he tell Amahle that, I'm definitely going to have to address him again before the tour start, because he will not be the reason that make relationship doesn't work.

"Actually I was calling because I need your help with something" "With what ?" she asked "I'm planning on asking Amahle to be my girlfriend official the day after I arrive in Japan" I said "Really?" she perked up "She did mention to me that you too aren't officially together and she told me why, which I think is bullshit, so I say go for it " she said

"Thanks, Mozella. I want it to be special, you know? I've been thinking about getting her a ring or something, make it official in a way that means a lot to her. What do you think?" I asked, wanting her opinion.

"A ring, huh? That sounds romantic. You know, I think will she'll like that, just make sure it's simple, she not that flashy of a girl... Just make it sincere and from the heart," Mozella advised.

"Yeah, I want it to be meaningful. I appreciate your input. Also, could you help me arrange a little surprise or something for her in Japan? Maybe some flowers or a special dinner?" I inquired.

"Of course! I got you, Michael. We'll make it a night she won't forget. Just let me know the details, and I'll take care of the rest. This is exciting!" Mozella exclaimed.

"Great, I'll keep you posted. Thanks again, Mozella. I'm really hoping she'll say yes and that we can move past all the craziness with the label interfering," I said with a sigh.

"Hey, Don't let anyone mess up, what y'all have going on, that's one of the reason why her and Darren aren't together anymore . I'll be here to help in any way I can. Good luck, Michael," she reassured me but also giving well sounded advice.

Before ending the call I ran through the itinerary with her for herself and Amahle's family, she thanked me again and told me she'd see me in Japan. After that I called  Amahle's mother and told her the same information that I did with Mozella.  Once I was through with that I made my way to the apartment where Amahle should be at.

September 9, 1987

20 minutes before Landing

Haneda Airport, Tokyo, Japan

Over the next couple of days, I focused on preparing for the upcoming tour and making arrangements for the special night in Japan. Mozella and I exchanged phone calls, fine-tuning the details of the surprise. I wanted it to be a moment that Amahle would cherish. I had Amahle leave a day earlier than Me, with the rest of the crew. Just because I knew that the label had inform Japan International airport that I was arriving.