Revealed

Keiron

He combed his hands through his hair.

He tried.

He tried to keep his niece safe from the council.

He was thankful she was in Scotland. It should keep her away from them long enough to discover how Lexi survived and to hunt down Cornelius.

Books surrounded him, but none contained what he was looking for. That's why we took a trip to the Athena Library in London. Of course, he would set off alarm bells.

'Spells for Death and Beyond' was the book he needed. He scoured the internet. The Athena Library even reached out to necromancers with no response.

Buzz, buzz.

He quickly glanced at his phone and immediately picked it up.

"Hello, Jack?"

"Keiron! How's it going?"

"Not well. The council knows."

"...Shit. How close are they?"

"They're on your doorstep."

Jack sighed heavily.

"... Jack, I know you are ex-council. What will they do when they find Lexi?"

Jack quieted for a while, "They will take her to London. She'll be placed in front of the court..."

_______________

Keiron dabbed his eyes dry at the detailed account Jack gave.

"Do you think you can find something for me?" Keiron asked apprehensively.

"I can try. What is it?"

"A book. I think it might have the information we need."

_______________

Magnus

A crackle came over the radio before an unsure voice said, "Erm, boss?"

Magnus switched it on, "Hm?"

"Her Book of Shadows isn't in the house, and her familiar has run away..."

"Alright. And her medical records?"

"They are sending them over within the hour."

"Good."

He turned the radio off and proceeded to his next target, The Caldwell's.

_______________

"So... I heard you were recently forced to step down as coven leader?"

"Yes." Nixon's voice was stern, unrelating.

"Why is that?"

"The coven thought I was biased. Not fit to lead anymore."

"Bias? In what way?"

"In treating a dangerous member of the coven."

Magnus' eyes narrowed, "Dangerous?"

"Yes," Nixon crossed his arms casually, "Lexi had too much power."

"She was... too powerful, and so is dangerous?"

Nixon nodded. Magnus looked at the sand falling in the timer. It was still going; the truth spell was still working.

"Her whole mother's side comes from dark magic. She is just like her father."

"From what I understand, she saved your daughter?"