Thunder

18th June

After Lexi's rites, she indeed has a lock on her powers. I was curious to know what else my mother was right about.

I used the family scrying mirror.

I wish I hadn't.

I saw my daughter in a beautiful cream dress-stained RED.

I could not stop looking, searching. Surely, one cycle has a happy ending.

No. Every lifetime she has had. Every time she has met HIM. She dies soon after.

I saw my own Lexi – this lifetime – all grown up, die whilst casting a spell. I do not know which spell. Perhaps I need to speak to Nixon. Keeping a lock on Lexi would be a good idea.

It would keep her safe.

It would keep her alive.

And that damned necklace, it's in every lifetime – I must destroy it. I know Mother has hidden it somewhere; how she got her hands on it is beyond me.

Perhaps I should try to find a fellow witch... one more skilled in curses or fates. I will ask questions.

- Nick

___________
"Vitamortum!"

My skin burned and prickled by my fire magic. My breath squeezed from my lungs. Nixon's lock penetrated my entire being. It was searing my insides, crushing, tearing, torturing.

I screamed as I awoke; my heart pounded, and my skin was covered in a cold sweat.

I was back in my room. Not the Abbey.

I took a shaky breath, combed my plastered hair from my face, and buried my head into my hands. Stabbing pain in my stomach and neck resurfaced; the scar and bite marks slowly faded, but the pain reminded me of that night.

Memories of the spell haunted my dreams for the last few months. I knew my death had also plagued Leo's dreams. Anna and Edward also appeared, but nothing new could be told.

Tap, tap, tap.

Snapping my head to the window, I had a fireball ready.

'Woah, it's just me.'

'Jeez.'

I curled my hand, put out the ball and slowly got up. I took deep breaths to calm down and opened the window to let the black cat in.

I rubbed the tears and sleep away from my eyes as he got comfortable on the bed. I heard muffled patting as Leo gestured the space next to him. I gladly obliged, clinging to his comforting hold.

I didn't have to say a thing. He knew what the dream was.

"I don't know why we try to sleep separately," Leo murmured into my hair.

I laughed lightly, "I don't know either."

Nearly every night this week, we have ended up seeking each other's comfort from the dreams and memories that haunt us. We could feel each other's distress. Leo admitted he was still on edge from this 'trapped in a cycle of death' business. We were no closer to finding answers than we were a few months ago. It had been ages since we had a nice dream.

I was lulled into sleep by his rhythmic slow breaths.

Then, the shrill of my alarm broke the bubble.

School had started back up for a new academic year, groan. At least it was Friday...?