Healer

Leo and I trekked through the forest on Sunday morning towards the Great Oak tree. Waiting at the base of the tree was Tiffany. She was hopping from foot to foot and slowly paced.

Her anxious energy came off in waves.

"Hey," I greeted, getting closer.

She jumped, "Hi! Thank goddess, you're here... I didn't think you'd turn up."

"Witches of our word," Leo pipped in.

I nodded in agreement, "So... You said your healer might have a plan...?"

She nodded, looking down, "He has told me that this is the first time he has personally seen it, but it is documented. He said he would need the help of witches. He was shocked to hear we already knew some." she smiled and shrugged.

"We will try our best," I smiled back.

She took us around the edge of the crater. It dipped down into the crook of a valley. We entered with Tiffany.

"In advance, sorry," she said apologetically, "The pups tend to get hyper around new people, and everyone might sniff you..." her face turned into a grimace while Leo and I laughed.

______________

While she walked us through the Wolfen grounds, I could not help but admire the simplicity of the area. It reminded me more of a camping ground without the tents. The wooden cabin looked much larger than initially thought and was more extensive than an average house.

Beautifully carved log benches surrounded a fire pit, and I could only assume an open bar and seating stretched on the other side of the cabin. It bustled with people entering and exiting the house through a side door, giving out food and drinks.

It was surrounded by mother nature, neat grass, and abundant wildflowers. Except a few chosen pathways stayed trodden.

Tiffany led us to the large bonfire pit. Jack and another wolf (I assumed the healer) awaited us.

"Jack," I greeted, tilting my head in greeting,

"Glad you could make it," he said.

Leaning back, he waved over some other people. The same female we saw before and another unknown male.

"Alpha," Jack greeted, standing, bowing his head slightly.

The rest followed his lead. Leo took my hand. I looked up at him; he seemed relaxed on the outside, but his tension said something different.

"Welcome!" said the female, "I'm Cheryl, Luna of this pack, and this is Dominic."

'Ah, Alpha and Luna...'

It was customary to be greeted by the leaders before discussing any other matters. No doubt the Alpha was informed of everything already. Nothing would occur without his knowledge.

I greeted them with a head tilt, and Leo followed my lead. Cheryl gestured to the carved benches, and we sat beside Jack.

"I thought we agreed only one witch is necessary," the healer pipped up.

"We come as a pair," both Leo and I said at the same time.

I couldn't help but smile.

"You heard 'em," Jack gruffed, "Plus, I heard this one has a fainting problem." His thumb pointed to me.

My face fell, and I turned to Leo, who found the trees more interesting. Wow. I sneakily elbowed his ribs. Tiffany snorted quietly.

"It's alright," Cheryl reassured, "I say the more the merrier, no such thing as too much help."