Chapter 24: Life in the Church

Interrogation: (John's POV)

It's been 2 weeks since Theia, Joshua and Scafford died. But the investigations upon the killings are still ongoing. I was called on by the authorities who investigate the case because I am the guy being referred to the message left by the killer. So the cops asked me in the police headquarters to keep the investigation going.

"Are you John?" The first police asked.

At that moment, I was with Zac and Altri. I replied to the police, "Yes sir." And the second one asked me, "Why are you mentioned to a letter left by whoever the killer is of Theia and Joshua?" I got surprised from the statement of the police to me. How come my name is printed on a letter left by the killer. So I thought of a reason then I concluded that it might be Rose Ann who did this.

"Sir, I think it's Rose Ann who did this." I replied feeling afraid to give a statement to the police. In order for everyone's sake, I'll just admit what I know and what are my speculations. I don't care if she'll kill me but atleast I can save other people's lives.

So the first police asked, "Who is this Rose Ann?"

Then I looked at Zac and he gave me a non-verbal sign that says let me tell the truth. So I said everything.

"Rose Ann was a psycopath who killed my two friends, Alex and Kharl and my girlfriend, May..." But before I finished saying this, the second police interfered.

"Wait! I think I've heard of that already." Then he checked the old records they had. He went to the next room of the headquarters where they keep the criminals' identity and background. But it's hard to get in there.

Then he came back, "Is this the Rose Ann you're referring to?" The police showed me the picture and the details of her. "Yes sir. She's the one!" I shouted.

Then the first police said, "In our records, she is already deceased and the case of yours where she killed your friends are already closed."

The second police said, "So if ever the killer is still alive and escaped death, it means that she's hunting you back?"

I replied, "I think sir."

"Ok, we'll investigate this and urgently give you an update." The first police said, then me, Zac and Altri went away the HQ and got home.

That interrogation 2 weeks ago was the first time I was interviewed by the police.

John becomes a church servant:

"How come this school has bloody memories? Like, many already died here, including Alex, Kharl, even Rose Ann and May, now, Theia, Joshua, then Scafford. I hope this is the last already."  I said to myself.

It's vacation now and I got bored, then Zac chatted me. It's friday of November 1. "Hey John. Can I invite you?" He's chat.

So I asked, "Why bro?"

Then Zac asked, "By the way, what's your religion?"

I answered, "I'm a Roman Catholic". And also wondering why he ever asked me such of that kind of question.

"Great! I want to invite you in our church John!" Zac inviting me to their church. So that's why he asked for what is my religion. Is it so important then? But I am hesitated to Zac.

Then Zac continued chatting, "John! You're lucky because I'm inviting you to our church, the Cathedral of St. Paul just near to your house."

"Oh really? You serve there?" Me asking with surprise to know Zac was a church guy.