Chapter 23: Hatred

Chapter 23: Hatred

Jolmin spies on John:

After a week since Lian's mother, April was buried, she never had to attend classes because she can't think of her mother leaving her behind.

At school, John is busy doing his assignment in Mathematics during lunch time. Scafford, Zac, and Jhay saw him and sat beside John. Zac said, "Bro! Why are you doing homework during lunch?" John replied, "I'm bored to do homework at home." Scafford said, "But you will get tired, and you'll not have enough energy for the next subject." But John replied, "Yes, I'm aware of that but don't worry, I can handle myself."

Jhay decided to take his lunch with John. He brought out his food canister and started eating. While the two, Scafford and Zac also agreed to join him.

About 10 minutes have past, Jolmin furiously showed up to John, asking "How's Lian? Is she okay now?" John answered, "Calm down. I don't know yet but I'll be visiting her later." Then Jolmin went away like he got annoyed. "What happened to Jolmin?" Zac asked. "I thought he was rejected by Lian, the day of the swimming party." Scafford said. "Wait what!? Lian rejects Jolmin?" John asking with surprised intonations. "Yes, he was rejected." Scafford repeating his answer. Then Jhay asked to Scafford, "How did you know that?" And Scafford narrated on what he knew.

"I'm walking down going home from school. Then I also saw Jolmin on my way. I approached him and he looked at me but he ran away like he saw a ghost and released a paper he was writing. I picked it and read. It says, 'I've been rejected!' And I know it's Lian whom he loved because as I notice, Jolmin is selfish and he had no other friends except us and Lian. Then I concluded that Lian broke Jolmin's heart that made him afraid to interact or mingle to us." Scafford narrating how he knew about Lian rejecting Jolmin.

Everybody got shocked upon Scafford's story and John realized that he has a chance to Lian.

(During class dismissal)
The school bell rang, sign of dismissal and John is walking towards the house of Lian. But he's only alone at this time. He never knew that someone is tailing him but he can feel it while he walks to Lian's house.

John comforts Lian:

When John has arrived at Lian's house, it was likely they were new to each other. Lian does not speak or does not even look to John. But John still gave his best to comfort Lian.

"Lian, I know you are experiencing anxiety or sadness from the death of your mother, but don't let this make you a desperate woman. You have plans to achieve and be a successful person just like your mother taught you. Take courage because you'll still be living and you have to stay still whatever goes on your way."

Lian shed tears and said, "I'm so thankful to you, because you're there to strengthen me, to lift my confidence, and to make  me a better person. Honestly, I always look down to myself because I know people do not accept me but you're one of the guys that inspired me so much"

Rose Ann meets the guy that almost killed her:

At a middle of a park at evening, Joshua had a chance to be with Theia but she never knew about Joshua's feelings for her and it's hard for Joshua to accept that Scafford and Theia are in a relationship. He decided to have Theia with her one more time, spend a day with her then let go of his feelings. He has to do it for his own sake and to avoid his heart to break.

Meanwhile, Rose Ann is on her way to find the guy that almost killed her that day when she was gonna end John's life. She asked Jolmin about that person and it was Joshua. So Jolmin gave her a picture of Joshua and Rose Ann started hunting him.