Chapter 5: Coincidence

John and Lian talked again:

Classroom settings:

Our Arts teacher was discussing about the Romantic art, a movement that existed in the early 1770's and ended up around the early 1850's, then I saw Lian crossing our classroom. I went out to approach her without even asking permission to the teacher and I even didn't care at all.

"Lian please, talk to me for a moment. Let me explain." I tried to insist my plead to Lian.

"So?" She replied annoyed.

"Please?" I whispered while pronouncing it.

"Go talk" Her command.

And I said what I have to say, "I'm so sorry for what I did that day, I was just confused and you know, I had a bad dream. I got stuck thinking of only that so please, understand me."

"That's all you wanted to say?" Lian asked with one of her eyebrow lifted up.

"Yah" I whispered, and added, "I'm really really sorry."

"Ok, let's just meet again in that cafe you're saying, 6 PM." She said inviting me for that date to be continued.

"Ok, I'll be coming, just give me another chance to prove myself." My reply with a delight.

Lian walked away like she's still cold but no matters, I can still prove myself. It's not yet to late and I'm sure of that!

At my home, I'm quite confused of asking to myself,  does Jolmin like Lian? I don't see something suspicious to both of them but I'm jealous with him. I have to stalk him secretly whether in social media or face to face. I must know if they have something with Lian.

I wrote a letter in my diary and I first wrote the name of Lian. I wrote, "Lian, I love you very much but I just can't express it. I know you hate me now but please, just give me another chance to prove myself that I'm willing to do everything to achieve you. I love you more than everything. That's me, the person who will always be loving you until the end of my story."

The Cafe Date:

I arrived again in the cafe at 6 PM but this time, Lian was ahead from me. I sat down infront of her but she looked annoyed. I just need to cuddle her to remain what we were before.

"Hey, are you ok?" I asked her.

"Do you think?" She replied like she's mad or whatever. But I just continued on talking for her madness to calm down.

"I know, I've made a big mistake but please forgive me." I said insisting her to forgive me back.

"I understand your condition but I got upset from your reaction. I'm sorry too to hurt you from my words. I know you didn't mean it but I just got shy to open up that you just had a lot of struggles. Yes, I can forgive you but it was'nt easy but now, I saw you sincere. Everything's gonna be okay." Lian said while looking at me.

"I regret what I've done the last time but I assure you, we can fix everything, no matter what happens, I'll be here by yourside. I think I'll be admitting my feelings today. Would you listen?" I said to her that I was about to confess my feelings to her, I can't take it anymore. Because that moment I became sweet to her like added to the love I have for her. Like it wanted to convince me to tell the true feelings I have for her. So I tried to say it.

"What's it? You love me?" She asked before I fully confessed.

"I'd confess that.... that..... I...." Me almost confessing. Then the waiter came with our order, "Here's your order mam and sir, two coffees."

"Thank you" I said.

Then Lian looked again to me and said, "So...... What are you going to confess?"

(Only in my mind) "Would I still say it? I think it's not a right moment yet. Someone disturbed us and I think it's a bad idea to do this. Maybe some other day."

"Uhhhh nothing! I just want to talk about some of our schoolmates." My alternative reply to evade the confessing moment.

"Oh but not May again, you should move on yet she's already dead." Lian said to me.

"You know, it's hard so but of course, I have to. I can't remove her from my mind, all good stuffs and memories won't be erased but they're still highlighted in my brain and heart. I admit there are times that I still think of her and later I cry because she's already gone." I declared, reminiscing May again.

"Wait, I forgot how May died. I've also discovered that some students also died in our school." Lian said. And I took my coffee and looked at the table sad. "I didn't want to recall everything but I have to tell you..."

"Go on but don't let your heart ache from those sadness." Lian said and I told the story that day the menace occurred.

If you liked this chapter, hit a vote!