Chapter 37

Zehra's POV

Four days have passed since I met my husband's sister, and I'm really longing to see her again. Sadly, due to her husband's circumstances, I can't go to her place.

In the meantime, my marriage is gradually getting better. We've been sharing precious moments and tender kisses, and just the thought of my husband's touch fills me with anticipation. He's been patient, understanding that I'm not quite ready to take things further. However, I'm now considering taking a big leap to strengthen our bond.

My cheeks flush with forbidden thoughts, and I quickly distract myself by reaching for a book, trying to divert my mind from my husband, who's casually moving around the room, shirtless. It's still early in the day, and we both woke up to pray. While we haven't prayed together, finding solace in resting my head on his lap as he recites the Qur'an brings me comfort. His voice is like a soothing balm to my heart and soul. It amazed me when he confessed that he hadn't prayed in ages, yet flawlessly recited the sacred verses with closed eyes. It's as if his tongue never forgot those holy words, even during those years of neglect.

"I hope your thoughts are consumed by me, meri jaan," my husband's voice draws my gaze upward as he winks at me.

I huff, attempting to hide my smile, and retort, "Why would I waste my thoughts on you? I have other matters to attend to—AAA!" My startled scream echoes through the room as he grabs hold of my legs, effortlessly sliding me closer to him, causing the book to tumble to the floor. "What–" I begin, but he silences me with a tender kiss. However, the kiss is short-lived as he starts tickling me, and I can't help but burst into fits of laughter. "Stop!" I manage to say between giggles.

When he finally relents and smirks at me, I quickly tiptoe, make him lower himself and playfully bite his shoulder before darting away towards the pool area. He leisurely strolls towards me, his expression hinting at mischief brewing in his mind. "I have a serious question to ask," he declares, a mischievous smile spreading across his face. "Would you care to indulge in some aquatic playfulness?" he asks, but before I can respond, he charges towards me and tosses me into the pool. As I gasp for breath and clung onto him tightly, I exclaim, "You didn't even wait for my answer!" still attempting to catch my breath.

As our eyes lock, I'm entranced, lost in the depths of his gaze. He emanates allure and confidence, making it impossible for me to tear my gaze away. His whisper breaks the silence, a hint of challenge in his tone. "Stop staring at me like that," he murmurs. I can't help but smirk, challenging him, "Or what?"

His response sends a shiver down my spine. "Or else I'll kiss you so passionately that all else fades away, leaving only the memory of me. I'll show you how deeply I feel and how much you mean to me." His words give me pause, a mix of excitement and apprehension. Yet, I can't look away as his captivating gaze holds me captive. His hands, previously resting on my waist, loosen slightly, and I instinctively wrap my legs around his waist, feeling a surge of vulnerability.

Suddenly, a wave of panic washes over me. "I don't know how to swim! Please don't let go," I plead, closing my eyes tightly. In that moment, his grip tightens around me, providing a sense of security. "I would rather drown myself than let go of you. What makes you think that a person who founded a diamond will let go of something so precious? And if I'm holding you I'll never let go of you," he assures me, his voice filled with sincerity. I feel a rush of relief wash over me as he holds me tightly, ensuring my safety in the water. Slowly, I open my eyes, finding him still gazing at me, his head slightly tilted to the side. My stomach flutters with a mix of anticipation and uncertainty, my heartbeat quickening in response to the intensity of the moment.