Chapter 11

Zaidan's POV

I kept punching the wall in a fit of anger, not realizing my bloodied hands until someone gently placed their hand on my shoulder, signaling for me to stop beating up the poor wall.

"Zaidan, stop it. Why are you hurting yourself?" Muskaan's weak voice came from behind me. I turned around, cupped her cheeks, planted a soft kiss on her forehead, and said, "What do you mean, why am I hurting myself? It's all my fault. I shouldn't have–" She cut me off by shaking her head, saying no.

"Nothing is your fault, Zaidan. You didn't know this would happen, and neither did I. So please, stop blaming yourself all the time."

"Why shouldn't I? I was the one who left you that day. Things would've been better if I hadn't left you. I'm sorry, I'm so fucking sorry. I promise I'm trying my best to–" once again, she shook her head, saying no.

"Don't be sorry. Whatever happened is in the past now, and I was the one begging you to let me live my life how I wanted. So why are you blaming yourself for it? I left you, so why are you blaming yourself for it?" I let out a sigh because she's right, but it's still all my fault. I shouldn't have let her go. I shouldn't have listened to her in the first place.

"I blame myself because I let you go," I whispered, a mix of guilt and anger welling up inside me. "It's my fucking fault for walking away. But please, just hear me out–" I tried to continue, but she cut me off, as if she already knew what I was going to say.

"No, Zaidan," she took a deep breath, locking her gaze with mine. "I know what you're about to say, but I won't listen." She gently removed my hands from her cheeks and turned away from me.

"Why won't you ever listen to me? I don't want anything from you. I just want you to leave him." My voice grew slightly louder as I grabbed her arm and turned her back to face me.

"You promised me you would leave him." It was a promise I had forced her to make weeks ago, a promise she had broken.

"I can't leave him." A single tear slipped from her eye, and I quickly wiped it away. It shattered my heart to see her like this, almost every day.

"Why not?"

"Because I love him," she broke down, her words choked with tears. "I love him, Zaidan. I've never loved anyone this deeply before. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't leave him." She cried in my arms, and I held her tight.

"You know I love you more than anyone else. And it's best for you to leave him," I said, kissing the top of her head as a tear escaped my own eye.

As I held her in my arms, she whispered, "I know but I can't leave him." Her words pierced my heart, but I couldn't give up on her. Without a word, I nodded and guided her into my car.

"It's okay, Muskaan," I reassured her, starting the engine. Anger and frustration welled up inside me, but I remained determined to protect her from that despicable bastard. I would never let him lay a hand on her.

After dropping Muskaan off at her house and cleaning my hands, I made my way to Uncle and Aunt's place. As I stepped inside, I noticed a broken glass on the floor. It was yet another chaotic scene, nothing new.

Climbing the stairs, I entered a room filled with clothes scattered on the bed and floor, broken glass here and there. The room was in complete disarray, something I hadn't seen before in this house.

Carefully, I placed my prized Rolex watch on the nightstand, taking a moment to appreciate its beauty. Then, I descended the stairs, scanning the empty house. Something didn't feel right.