Chapter 17

Zehra's POV

Two days had passed since Zaidan's visit. After he left, I gathered in the living room with Hassan bhai, Sana, Hoorain, and Yusuf, chatting about random things.

When they departed and my parents returned from grocery shopping, they inquired about Zaidan and me. I reassured them everything was fine, though deep down, it wasn't.

I obtained Sana, Hoorain, Lucinda, and Emma's numbers. I'm contemplating reaching out to Lucinda since it's been a while.

The last time we spoke was before my marriage; she mentioned an urgent trip to Italy, like Emma. They're both there now.

Zaidan's past words about Lucinda linger in my mind, but that was before us, right? If she knew about our marriage, she wouldn't repeat it, would she? She's my best friend; she wouldn't risk it.

I reached for my phone on the nightstand and messaged her.

Me: Heyyy Lucyy!! How are youu?? It's me Zehra

I didn't wait long for her reply.

Lucy: Heyy lovee *heart emoji* I'm good, what about you?? How have you been??

Me: I'm good too. I got married, as you know.

Lucy: How I wish I could've been there, but sadly I couldn't. Congratulations btw!! Hope we can see each other soonnn

Me: I hope that toooo. Anyways, how are things going there??

Lucy: Very baddd, I want all of you hereeee

Me: Whyy?? What happened??

Lucy: My grandma is sick, and my sister got into a horrible accident.

Me: Whattt?? Howw?? When?? Is she okay???

Lucy: She was with her husband in the car, they argued, she lost control, hit a tree. Now I'm at the hospital, waiting for updates.

Me: Is her husband ok?? And why would they argue in the carrr???

Lucy: I don't freaking knowww!! And her husband's ok and is now regretting arguing in the damn car. I don't know what the hell they were thinking before arguing in the car. And my grandma's sick and dad isn't even in the town!! I'm grateful for my boss who let me come here, in Italy, because usually he doesn't even give us a day off, but Zehra I really wish I could have taken you with me here. I really need youuu.

Me: Lucyy try to calm down. I'm sure it's nothing serious, I'm praying for your grandma and sister. They'll be okay. Just try to relax.

Lucy: I'm tryinggg but I can'ttt. Zehra I'll text you in a few min the doctor came. Bye.

I'm feeling sad for Lucy, she's the strongest in our group, and now she has to deal with everything alone. I really wish I could have been with her right now, but I can't be there in person.

She is tall, with short blonde hair, a perfect jawline, and a flawless body shape. It's no surprise Zaidan was drawn to her. She, Sana, and Emma are our go-to for advice. Hoorain and I are both eighteen, but she is a few months older, making me the youngest in our group. Sana and Emma are twenty-one, while Lucinda is twenty-three.