Chapter 20

Zaidan's POV

"Wow, this isn't a house. It's a palace," Zehra exclaimed, looking at my penthouse, now our penthouse. I smiled and, placing my hand to her lower back, I led her to the big iron gate.

"And this gate is so big." She stared at the gate.

"Shall we go inside or do you want to sleep here?" She looked at me as a guard opened the gate for us to enter.

"What about the car?" She looked at the car behind us.

"Don't worry about that." She nodded.

We walked to the front yard garden and Zehra stopped in front of the large, simple but beautiful fountain that I built myself with the help of my bodyguards. "Wow, this is sooo beautiful. Are there any fish in it?" she asked and looked inside the water.

"Unfortunately no." She pouted, in disappointment. I hid a smile as my wife walked towards the front door, flanked by my bodyguards. Five to six guards in each line as she watched them with amusement while they stood with their heads hanging low.

"I feel like a princess," she whispered to me before entering her new home.

I turned to John. "Hide these guns whenever my wife's around," I said, motioning towards the weapons. He glanced at me before hanging his head low and apologizing. "What if she glanced at the gun and have gotten scared? You'll be fucking dead."

"I'm sorry, boss. We'll be more careful in the future," he replied.

I gestured for everyone to leave before heading inside. I hadn't planned on having so many bodyguards, but when I thought about Zehra coming here, I called John for security. He brought along more guards than I expected.

As I entered the living room Zehra screamed, "THIS PLACE IS HUGE. MASHA'ALLAH." She ran in the living room like a little child.

"Zehra–"

"OH. MY. GOD. THERE'S AN ELEVATOR!" She jumped and I looked at her amused. I'm so mesmerized by her excitement.

I made my way towards her and grabbed her hand leading her to the huge backyard. Once we were in the backyard, she let go of my hand and ran to the swing set.

"This swing is so beautiful decorated." She looked at the swing then at me. "This house is beautiful, but it would have been more beautiful if it had a swimming pool," she jokingly said.

"It has."

Her smile dropped. "You're joking, right?"

I shook my head and she jumped out of the swing and ran to me, clutching my arm tightly and pulling me down to her level, "I wanna see it," she whispered to me. Why is she whispering now?

"It's outside," I whispered back.

"We're out."

"I mean, it's on the other–"

"Then let's go there. It's not that it's on the other side of the country. . . or it is?" I rolled my eyes at her.

"We can go tomorrow."

"No, I wanna go now. Please?"

"You're such a kid," I muttered, leading her to the pool area.

"Masha'Allah, this is so beautiful," she whispered.

"You saw it, now let's go." I turned around.

"Nooo," she whined and clutched my arm more tightly. "I wanna swim there." She dreamily looked at the water.