Chapter 14

Zehra's POV

I woke up to the creaking sound of my bedroom door. "Zehra, are you awake?" I heard my mom's voice, and I slowly opened my eyes to see her approaching me.

"If you're up, go freshen up. There's someone here to see you," she said. I fully opened my eyes and sat up, feeling the chill in the air as I pulled the blanket off me.

"Who is it?" I asked, shivering and quickly covering myself again.

"Go find out for yourself," she replied, tugging the blanket away, leaving me exposed to the cold.

"It's freezing! I don't want to leave my cozy bed," I whined, attempting to snatch the blanket back, but failing.

"Zehra," she warned me with a look that said, 'If you don't get up now, you'll be in trouble.'

"Okay, okay. I'm getting up," I grumbled, lazily dragging myself out of bed and making my way to the bathroom.

"Remember to wear your hijab when you come downstairs, and don't look for me and your dad. We'll be out of the house," she informed me before leaving.

I freshened up, put on my hijab, and slowly descended the stairs. I was exhausted, having had a restless sleep. I couldn't figure out why, but I just couldn't seem to find a peaceful slumber.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I caught sight of a familiar figure, or rather, a familiar back. With each step closer, my eyes widened in recognition.

"HOORAINNN!" I couldn't contain my excitement and leaped towards her, enveloping her in a tight embrace.

"Easy there, girl. You might just crush my bones," she chuckled, gently prying herself free from my grip. But my fatigue had long been forgotten.

"If she's going to break bones, then I'm all good sitting here," chimed in a voice I knew all too well. I turned my gaze towards the source and without a second thought, threw myself at her, hugging her just as tightly as I had moments ago with Hoorain.

"Sana, Hoorain, it's an absolute joy to see both of you here," I exclaimed, a wide grin spreading across my face as we settled onto the sofa. Sana is my cousin, the sister of Yusuf.

She's a vision of beauty, with a style all her own. Her vibrant blue hair perfectly complements her face, and her honey-colored eyes and long, fluttering lashes only enhance her stunning features.

"I'm not so sure about that," Hoorain teased.

"What do you mean?" I asked, genuinely puzzled.

"She means you didn't even bother to call or text us after you got married," Sana interjected, nodding in agreement with Hoorain.

"Ah, says the girl who couldn't make it to my wedding," I playfully rolled my eyes, a smile tugging at my lips. I knew she had been out of town, and honestly, it didn't bother me much. What mattered was that she was here now.

"Uff, Hoorain, how can we forget?" Sana brushed me aside and directed her question to Hoorain.

"Forget what?"

"That," she glanced at me before a mischievous smile graced her face, "that she's married now and doesn't have time for us. She only has time for her husband." I widened my eyes and vigorously shook my head in disagreement.

"You're right, Sana. She only has time for her husband. She's forgotten about us," Hoorain lamented, feigning hurt, while Sana joined in with a fake pout.

"Tum dono sabse badi tease aur drama queens ho," I playfully teased, acknowledging their playful banter. [You two are the biggest tease and drama queens.]