Chapter 12

Zehra's POV

After Zaidan left, I tried to tidy up the room, but my right foot got cut by a tiny piece of glass when he pinned me against the wall. So, I just left the room as it was and sat on the bed, holding my foot. The glass had actually embedded itself into my skin, and I struggled to remove it. It's so small that it's hard to see, and it's being quite stubborn. I decided to leave it be and leaned back against the headboard, closing my eyes.

I really love my parents and I miss them dearly, but I didn't want to see them today. I wish they had stayed home.

Right after Zaidan and I left, my parents showed up to see me. Unfortunately, my brother couldn't make it because he had some work to do. They came with Yusuf, the boy I always thought I would marry someday.

Yusuf is completely different from Zaidan. He's a religious and kind-hearted person who respects everyone, even those who treat him poorly. He doesn't even glance at girls, always lowering his gaze when they pass by. Zaidan, on the other hand, is nothing like him.

Yusuf and I are actually cousins. Our parents always wanted us to marry each other, but then my dad arranged my marriage with Zaidan, which angered my Aunt and Uncle because he didn't inform anyone about it.

Today, when they came over, Aunt Momina said something that sparked a discussion about my marriage, involving Yusuf too.

She asked if my parents wanted me to marry someone else before, and they said yes.

When she asked who it was, they said it was Yusuf, and Kinza saw and heard everything.

I didn't know anything about them coming here until Kinza told me when I got home. I don't really know if she's lying or telling me the truth because I know my parents wouldn't have revealed Yusuf's name so easily, and I know they would have felt uncomfortable with that question.

Kinza also asked me if I love Yusuf. Not wanting to answer her silly question, I stayed quiet, and she misunderstood my silence. She thinks I love Yusuf because I didn't answer her question. But the truth is, I don't have any feelings for him. It's never been like that. But Kinza being Kinza, she told Aunt and Uncle that I love Yusuf, which is obviously a lie.

After that, Uncle started scolding me for coming home late, and Aunt started yelling at me for having a relationship, even though I'm already married, which is obviously false. Then, she started yelling at me for not keeping the room clean, even though I had. But she didn't hear me and threw a glass at me. Luckily, I dodged it, and it hit the front door, shattering into a million pieces. Oh God, I was so scared at that moment. I almost cried.

As I walked up the stairs to check out what Aunt Momina was talking about, I wasn't ready for what I saw in my room. It was a total mess, like a tornado had swept through. Clothes were scattered all over the floor and even on the bed. But the most surprising thing was Kinza, hiding in the corner with a wicked smile on her face. She had two glasses in her hands, and I couldn't help but wonder what sneaky plan she had up her sleeve.

Before I could figure out what she was up to, she threw the glasses to the ground, smashing them into tiny pieces. Then, to my surprise, she purposely picked up a sharp shard and cut her own hand with it. She acted like it hurt so bad, as if she forgot she caused it herself.

The noise brought Aunt and Uncle running into the room, worried looks on their faces. Kinza wasted no time and pointed her finger at me, claiming I had hurt her. She showed them her bleeding hand as proof, but that wasn't enough for her twisted story. She went on to accuse me of threatening her, and Aunt got along with her. Aunt even brought up past times when she said I threatened her. It was all so confusing. Why would I ever want to harm them?