"You got any plans after I leave you?" I asked her, keeping my eyes on the road.

"We don't have to do this."

"Do what?" I placed my hand gently on her leg. "What don't we have to do, my love?"

I could feel her eyes on me, but I just focused on driving. She clamped her legs together before taking my hand off of her.

"I hate you." Onika said silently.

That made me crack up laughing.

"You love me. And that's ok."

"Just take me home." Her right leg cross over her left and she turned to look away from me.

Nothing she said was ever taken serious by me, so I just stayed on my route to Target.

When we arrived, she knew to help me get everything on the list. I didn't understand why half of the stuff made the list, but whatever Miss Zamora Grace wanted, she got.

Onika and I split up in the store, so she was off getting the bottom half of things on the list.

I was running through my list with ease. So, I got bored and went in search of my wife. She wasn't that hard to find because all I had to do was look for some big men loitering around.

When I found her, she was walking around the flower display. Her fingertips and nails grazing each petal. She was in a trance-like state just looking at them.

"Did you get everything on your end of the list?" I asked her and she snapped her head in my direction.

"Can you step back for a second?" She lowly asked me, going back to what she was doing.

I walked over to her, getting her attention.

"What, Beyoncé?"

"Did you-"

"He has everything on that list." She pointed over at one of the men. "Please, be quiet now."

"Why are you being weird?" I asked, looking at her funny. "What happened?"

"Nothing." She randomly stood straight, throwing me a quick glance. "Let's go."

Weird.

Kelly's POV
Home
July 4

Today was the Fourth of July, and just as I'd remembered, it was a big deal in the Knowles family.

I didn't give two shits about America's birthday, but any opportunity to have a party was worth while.

"Noah?!" I called out, as I headed downstairs.

"Yeah, mama?!"

"Do you have your swimming trunks under your clothes?" I asked as I stuffed my essentials into my handbag.

When I didn't receive a response, I just stood at the bottom of the stairs waiting for him to come downstairs.

"We ready to go?" Tim walked by me, kissing my cheek.

"For some reason, our 7 year old son has taken longer than me to prepare for a pool party."

"He's a Weatherspoon, we have to look our best." He joked and I fought the urge to roll my eyes, as I smiled. "Where is Titan?"

It took me a second to remember. "Mama needed him to help take things to Nicki's house."

"You see how she never has to ask twice for nothing?" He observed. "She can breathe and one of her grandkids will be right there to ask if the air is ok."