1864 (Part 1)

Aaliyah's P

Aaliyah's P.O.V

(Flashback)

It was 1864, and my sister, Astrid and I were riding a carriage into a new town. A new place where we would be safe, and away from the rest of our family. The safest place for Vampire's right now.

Mystic Falls.

At least that's what my best friend, Katrina Petrova said. Or as the name she goes by to hide herself from Klaus, Katherine Pierce.

She has no idea who Astrid and I truly are. We compelled her to forget who we were. She only knows Astrid by the name, Mae Rosewood, and she only knows me by the name of Faye Rosewood.

They're not very creative names, but it keeps our identities hidden. It keeps us safe. It keeps Klaus, and the abuse from our other brother, Killian. It also keeps our father away from us.

Astrid and I have been running from our family for years, as well as Hunters. The longest we've ever stayed in a place was a year.

We just want a place to call our home..away from the rest of our siblings. The only ones we really miss are our older brother Elijah, and our sister, Rebekah. We miss the others, but they're too much for us. We can't handle them anymore.

We don't want to be controlled by Klaus or Killian. We're tired of being daggered, and we just wanted away from it all.

Astrid's light blue eyes gazed out the window, as we grew closer and closer to Mystic Falls. She had the palm resting against her head. A tired look was on her face, as she lets out a loud sigh, "How much longer is it gonna be?"

I scoffed quietly, rolling my eyes, "Why must you be so impatient?" I asked, my eyes shifting over to her.

Astrid looked over at me, and squinted her eyes a bit.

I smiled lightly at her, "We should be arriving at any moment now." I stated, shaking my head, "You just have to be patient, sister."

"How can I be patient?" She asks, putting her hands down into her lap, "It's hard to not be patient, whenever I've been stuck in this carriage for over two days now."