The Mines

The next day, we were getting ready to leave our little camping spot, and off to fight the Windigo.

Sam walks over to Dean and I, "Hey, if we've got half a chance of daylight left." He says, as we look over at him, "I, for one, would like to kill this evil son of a bitch."

Dean nods, "Hell, you know I'm in."

"Same here." I smiled, a cringe look then started to come over me, "As well as because it's too late to turn back, but that's besides the point."

Both Sam and Dean smiled at my comment. We then turn to the rest of the group, as Sam pulls out dad's journal. He opens the page about the Windigo. He started to read it off to Hayley and the others, "Windigo is a Cree Indian word. It means Evil that Devours."

Dean nods, "They're over a hundred years old. Each one was a man, sometimes they were a Native, or other times a frontiersman, a minor, or even a hunter."

Hayley nodded, putting her hands on her hips, "How does a man turn into one of those things?"

"It's always the same thing." I stated, "During some harsh winters, a person can find themselves starving, cut off from supplies or help. He becomes a cannibal to survive, eating the other members of his tribe or camp."

"Like the Donner Party." Ben mumbles.

Sam's gaze shifted to him, as he nodded, "That's right. Cultures all over the world believe that eating human flesh can give people abilities. Such as strength, speed, and immortality."

Dean nods, "If you eat enough of it, over the years you become this less than human thing. You're always hungry, and you're always wanting more."

"So, if this is all true, how can Tommy be alive?" Hayley asks, a slight concern look coming over her face.

Sam, Dean, and I looked at each other, then back at her. A cringe look came over Dean, "You're not gonna like it."

A stern look came over Hayley, "Tell me."

"A Windigo knows how to last long winters without food. It hibernates for years at a time. When it's awake, it keeps its victims alive. It stores them so it can feed whenever it wants to." I explained.

"So, if your brothers alive, it's keeping him somewhere dark, hidden, and safe." Dean nods, "So, we gotta track it back there."

She nods, "How are we gonna stop it?"

"Guns are useless, the same goes for knives." Sam tells them. The boy furrows his eyebrows, "Then how are we going to kill it?"

Dean looks over at him, "We're gonna torch the sucker." He smirks.

They nodded to what he said, he then motioned us to follow after him. We started to walk to where the Windigo was.

Dean was leading us to the woods. We were all walking in silence.

We didn't talk.

We didn't want to talk.

We were all being cautious, just in case the Windigo was nearby or listening.

As bad as I don't want to think this or feel this. I was worried about Damon. Yes, he's a creep whenever he follows me out here, and how he always has that stupid smirk on his face. But he's out here in the woods alone.

I don't know where he's at, but he's here.

What happens if the Windigo got him?

What if the Windigo got him, and it was my fault because I didn't tell my brothers that he followed us out here?