Howling into Town

Azalea felt her phone buzz in her pocket, she saw it was Stefan and answered it.

"Hey,"
"Hey," he said.

"What's happened now?" she half-teased.

He sighed.

"It does feel like that doesn't it."

She could hear the strain in his voice.
"Jules told Tyler everything she knows about me, and Damon and what happened to Mason. And that Caroline has been lying – You were so good with Jeremy –"

"Yes, I will help you talk to Tyler," she interrupted before he could even asked her the question. She heard his sigh of relief.

"Come pick me up in the next half an hour, I'll go get changed."
"Thank you, Lea."

The redhead threw on a pair of jeans, and grabbed a forest green top, with a square neckline. She tied her hair into a messy ponytail. Since spending more time with Elena, Caroline and Bonnie, she had begun to wear a little make up some days. When she was done she grabbed a jacket and waited on the porch until she saw Stefan's car and hopped in.

As they drove, they started to talk about what he should and shouldn't know, and whether or not he should be told he hasn't been told everything. Azalea told Stefan she thought they should, that way they are being fully honest and nothing can turn around and bite them.

"It may be best if I go in on my own first... he won't feel as threatened."
"I'm not sure – f"
"Stefan, I'll be fine, you can be listening in the whole time."

She got out of the car, doing a little jog on the stairs before taking a deep breath. She knocked on the door.

After a short moment, Tyler answered.

"Hey Tyler,"
"Lea... hey uh –"
"We need to talk," Azalea told him.

"Now's not a grea –"

"I know about you and Caroline, Damon and Stefan and other stuff you're gunna want answers too. We need to talk" she emphasized.

His eyes widened.

"I am not a vampire; I am not a wolf. But I can talk to you about everything... if you want."

He stared at her for a long moment, deciding if he could trust her. After thirty-nine seconds, he moved his body and gestured for her to come inside. She smiled and followed him.

Azalea started pretty much where she had with Jeremy. She and Stefan decided it was better for her to talk to Tyler alone before he came in as support. She told him all about her life, and showed him her patronus. She moved on to everything that had happened since she had come to Mystic Falls including what Mason had done to her, (she omitted that she could come back to life, said that Katherine had healed her up in time. She didn't know she had vampire blood in her system).

Half-truths, when it came to her ability.

She then moved onto what Mason was after and why, telling him about Elena and her part, and why the curse was to be broken, who it was really for.

"You ok, Tyler?" she asked him as he sat and processed.

"That was a lot of information," he looked at her. "Why are you helping me? I was just a creep when we met... I'm an asshole."
"You've matured a lot since September," she told him. "You've had to... I believe in second chances, in showing remorse, in change... And hey, my uncle was a werewolf. You can say I have a soft spot." She nudged him slightly.

"There is stuff I haven't mentioned yet – believe it or not – but right now it's stuff you don't fully need to know. Stuff that can't be leveraged above you... As you join our little mystical fold I am sure you'll find out... Is it ok if Stefan comes in?" she asked. He looked at her for a long moment then nodded.