Comfort and Party

Matt did have a nightmare, Azalea stayed with him until he went to sleep again. In the morning, as she made breakfast, she felt her phone buzz in her pocket.

Where are you? I tried your house but no answer. Need to talk, can you meet me?

It was from Elena. Writing a note to the Donavan's explaining why she left and that there was food in the oven. She left quietly.

I'm heading back now. Met at my house in about 10 minutes.

I hit send and began to walk.

9.43.

She wondered what was so urgent that Elena needed to speak with her this time on a Saturday. Didn't normal teenagers sleep longer than this? Azalea saw the brunette on her porch sitting in the chair she had gotten, when the Elena saw her she got up and smiled.

"Lea hey,"

"Hi, why don't we go inside," she said unlocking the door and gesturing for her to go inside.

"Where were you?" she asked as Azalea went to the kitchen to make a coffee.

"At Matt's – Just as a friend," she said at the teens shocked face. "He found Tanner, I wanted to be there for him."

"That's was good of you. Matt's a good friend." Elena said, smiling gratefully as Azalea give her the mug.

"You bought an American one," Elena smiled taking a sip.

"I'll get a Virginia one too I think." Azalea said.

"We could go travelling in Fall break." Elena said.

"Sounds good, around the states in 50 days."

Elena laughed.

"So what was so urgent that it couldn't wait until this afternoon?"

"Well I saw you leave with Bonnie, she was freaked out, I wanted to say thank you for that."

"No problem." She looked at her. Waiting.

"And..." she paused. "Can I ask you something?" she asked, placing the mug on the table.

"Couse, what's up?"

"Stefan, he's hiding something," she said frowning.

"Well forcing it out of him won't help, there are something that people don't like to talk about that kind of stuff, like the way my horror film of a past was forced out of me, you lot didn't know I didn't have a guardian with me until then. Everyone has a past, some are darker than others. Give him time he'll open up more and more, and if you're meant to be you'll eventually want to know everything about him."

"You should be a councillor or a novelist." Elena laughed. "Thanks Lea, you've helped."

"I'm glad," she said smiling.

"We get the week off school to mourn. Well, except for at least one trip to the councillor's office to talk about it."

"How do we know when to go?" Azalea asked, knowing she wouldn't be excluded.

"It will be on our school email by 5 tonight. Azalea nodded then sighed.

"Want another?" she said reaching for the cup.

"Yeah sure," she said smiling softly.

"Memories?" the redhead guessed as she made the way to the kettle.

"Yeah, I can't imagine for you and Matt. I mean you saw the bodies."

"Yeah,"

"You sound alright?" she said a small frown on her face.