The Grill

As soon as they arrived Azalea made a beeline for the toilets, while Stefan and Elena headed to the table where Bonnie and Caroline where already seated. When she joined them she knew the attention would be back on her. She cringed at the thought, but she had been desperate.

True to her prediction, she sat down and all four heads turned.

"So Lea, when did you actually move here?" Bonnie asked.

"I moved here yesterday I got people to do my decorating for me so I just had to put the pictures up. I've been lucky," she said "What about Stefan?" she wanting the spotlight off her.

"Well my family is from Mystic Falls –"

"Oh right you're a founding family right?" Caroline interjected; Azalea didn't miss the way she was looking at him. However it was extremely obvious that he liked Elena.

"Aren't you in this elusive club?" Azalea asked Bonnie who chuckled.

"Nope, the Bennet's apparently according to my grandmother come from a long line of witches."

"Yeah I remember you said in the car," the redhead smiled. "So, were you born in Mystic Falls?" she asked Stefan so that once again she wasn't the centre of attention.

"Yes, I was but I moved away a long time ago," he said.

"Parents?" Bonnie asked, the English girl relaxed they had all focused on him.

"My parents passed away," he said.

"I'm sorry," Elena said. "Any siblings?"

"None that I talk too," he said. The way he said it made the redhead frown, she would give almost anything to have her siblings back. All of the Weasley's were lost in the war. As she thought about it the hole where that had once been full of warmth and family fondness tugged reminding her she was now alone once again. "I er, live with my uncle." Stefan finished, the redhead barely heard him.

"So you don't know about the party tomorrow," Caroline said.

"Back to school thing at the falls," Bonnie explained to both newbies.

"Are you going?" Stefan asked Elena. Subtle, Azalea thought amused.

"Of course she is," Bonnie answered for her, she smiled at their behaviour it was so cute.

"Hey guys, what can I do for you?" a waitor asked.

"Erm, American classic cheese burger with chips." she grinned at him, and was confused when she heard the group laugh "Am I missing something?"

"Azalea, chips are crisps, you want fries," Stefan informed her; she nodded and smiled at him.

"What language do you speak?"

"English," Caroline said confused.

"Great, so I'll have chips please," she said sweetly. They all laughed.

"Alright cheese burger and chips." He said with a smirk. He went around the table taking everyone's orders Bonnie said she was eating at home so didn't order anything. When he left everyone stared at her; she looked at them nervously, wondering if she had crossed a line.

"I'm not offending you am I? I was just teasing," Azalea said. She hoped she hadn't made life even harder for herself, though she supposed she could just move again. And yet... the little town of Mystic Falls had grown on her.

"No, no, just relax were not going to turn on you or anything," Bonnie said. Azalea smiled.

"Thanks, but I think I'll stay clear on the 4th of July," she said, they all laughed again. "You know, when I first got off the plane someone was there to welcome us and he said "hello have a good time, sorry for ruining your language," I thought it was rather amusing," she said smiling.