Opening the Tomb

Azalea apparated back to the boarding house, Damon was in the room he had left her in.

"You were supposed to stay put," he said taking a swig of bourbon.

"Yeah well, I'm not good at not helping. Speaking of, we think I may be able to open the tomb a lot easier than the channel witches. Me," she clarified when he frowned at her. "Bonnie and Sheila have agreed to be back up if it doesn't work. However we all think it should be possible. Feel like getting Katherine out tonight?"

"The others agreed?"

She nodded.

"And I'm expected to trust them –"

"No, but hopefully you trust me. I told them I would try and open the tomb, and they agreed to help. They know you aren't going to stop, Damon."

He stared at her for a long moment, finished his drink. Then walked right up to her, staring into her eyes.

"I'm trusting you, don't make me regret it," he said finally, she hugged him grinning.

"When you go with Katherine, will you write to me," she asked. "When you're not being a complete prat, I rather like you."

Damon smiled at the redhead who had wormed her way into his heart over the past few months.

"You really mean that don't you," he said, playing with a strand of her red hair, she nodded smiling at him. "Come on, we got to save Katherine,"

"Hang on, I have to get some bits and bobs from the house, a jumper for a start. Stefan is getting stuff to burn the rest. We can't have twenty odd vamps roaming the town."

"I'm driving you," he said grabbing his keys. She rolled her eyes but decided not to push it. He had been waiting to see her for a hundred and fifty years it was fair enough that he'd want to watch the person who was going to open the door. They drove in silence she could practically hear the vampires head spinning, as he thought about tonight, the excitement coming off him in waves.

As they arrived, she unbuckled and opened the car door.

"I'm still not inviting you in," she said, getting up and making her way inside. She grabbed the first jumper that Mrs Weasley had given her, stretched with a magical charm, and threw it on. Then kicking off her shoes, she got some more trailing through the woods appropriate footwear and slipped them on. She looked around the house one more time to see if she needed anything else.

"You look in a hurry,"

Her heart thumped as she leapt in the air, whirling to see her Uncle looking at her, a small frown on his face.

"It's fine, vampire drama," she sighed. "Don't wait up, I'll be fine ok."

Giving him a small wave as she opened the door, she made her way back to the car.

Damon looked at her jumper as she got back in.

"Cute," he said. She rolled her eyes, pulling the bobble from her wrist.

"Just drive," she said tying her hair into a bun.

"You got it boss,"

***

They parked at the party, they begun to walk through the crowd, trying not to make eye contact with anyone.

"Lea hey," Matt voice came from the side, she turned to face it. He was coming closer to us, and he was with Caroline.

"Oh my God Lea, where have you been?" Caroline asked, holding Matt's hand, the red head smirked as she realised what Caroline was trying to do.

"Long story, haven't got time to tell it," Damon said smirking tauntingly at her.