Breakfast with Elijah Mikaelson

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!! A little bonus chapter! I will still upload the next one on the First of Jan! xx 

Azalea woke it took a while for her mind to catch up with yesterday events. Elijah, the original vampire, Elijah Mikaelson was a guest in her house. The man who saved her when she was seven years old. She rose from her bed and padded downstairs. It wasn't till she began to plate that she discovered two problems. One; she didn't know what Elijah liked, and two; how did you wake a sleeping Original?

Her questions were answered when the dark-haired man walked into view, already dressed, and adjusting his cufflinks.

"Good morning, Azalea, how did you sleep?" he smiled as he sat down.

"Good, er, what would you like?" she gestured to the food.

"I will eat whatever you put on my plate," he said leaning back, watching as she plated the food. He has been very surprised to find her in the middle of all of this. And for her to be here! In Mystic Falls, the place where he and his siblings grew up. Where he grew up. Was it her connection to him that brought her here unknowingly? He suspected Niklaus was already starting to look for her, his brother would have people all over England searching for the young redhead. He smiled as she put the plate in front of him. He definitely had the upper hand against his brother. He had Azalea close. And though he could ruin Klaus by keeping her from him. He wanted a much sweeter vengeance for what he had done to their family.

"Tea? Coffee?" soft English tones took him from his thoughts, she was looking at him with those big emerald eyes.

"Tea please, milk no sugar. This looks delicious, thank you." He said taking the first bite. She turned around pouring the boiling water into the mug. She appeared thoughtful, kind-hearted. Perhaps it was she who could have solved his previous quest to find his brother's redemption. He was relieved to see a glimpse of the young girl they saved, before he and Klaus went their separate ways. Despite the horrors she endured. Though he saw the haunted, mature, war-struck warrior within her eyes. Her body language when in the face of danger, or surprise.

She hid her trauma well.

"There you go," she mumbled, putting the cup beside his plate.

"Thank you," he took a sip. Yes, she was quite remarkable.

As they ate Elijah asked her questions about her life, she answered them nervously. He seemed genuinely interested in her answers. She assumed he was more curious about The Girl Who Lived rather than the little girl he helped all those years ago. Yet, his questions felt like they were directed towards her. Not the persona so many had created about her...

He planned to meet up with Dr Martin after Azalea had left for school, she had gotten changed into a cricket jumper dress that had red and gold patterns on the predominantly cream wool, she wore long pushed down to below the knee socks and some doc martins. Her hair still in the braid that Elena had put in the night before.

"Enjoy school,"
"Thanks," she said nervously walking out of the door.

Half an hour later Azalea received a concerning message from Damon, saying Rose had been bitten by the new wolf who has been looking around for Mason.

She told him that he could come and get something to help her sleep, and unfortunately there was nothing known to aid in a wolf bite. She asked if he wanted her to come over, but he told her that it probably wasn't a good idea. She asked him to find out where her favourite place was, and Azalea would make sure that is where the poor vampire would be laid to rest. He agreed.