The Man of Many Identities

Azalea opened the front door to see the older Salvatore stood, his expression furious.

"Well someone get the girl an Oscar," he said darkly, he leaned as close to the barrier as he could get. However, the redhead's fury only built, her fists clenched as her shoulder pushed back.

"You of all people do not get to take that tone with me," she growled, she had to resist hexing him, most of the magical community didn't know where she was, if the American wizarding paper caught that she was living here, it could cause a lot of problems. "Trying to kill your brother's oldest friend. If I were you, I would head back to the house and hope that Stefan and Lexi don't stake your betraying arse. Go or I will make you." She said. He gauged her expression, deciding how serious she was, after all she had only known Lexi for a day. Yet, it wasn't till this moment that Damon had felt the power coming off her in waves. The very energy being sent at him, negated some of his cocky bravado. In retrospect he had let the flash of emotions he felt about Lexi wash over him, and hey out of sight out of mind. A part of him was happy the redhead saw through his plan.

"I mean it Damon, go or I will make you." She glared at him, after he had not answered her. With a whoosh he was gone, and Azalea locked her door returning to the other two vampires.

When Lexi saw the redhead come closer, she grinned at her.

"You are such a badass!" Lexi said giving her a high five. "Can I please explain to Stefan how much of a badass you are." She said pouting and putting her hands together in a prayer formation. She laughed. Stefan looked between the two.

"You know what as a part of his birthday present you can let him in on the secret." Azalea smirked, looking at the two. "But I am not going to be here for it, for the weird looks, so I am going to go to bed. And let you guys catch up. "Both of you feel free to stay as long as you like, there is the spare room upstairs and the sofa etc. Make yourselves at home." She hugged Stefan. "Happy Birthday," then she hugged Lexi, before waving up the stairs.

The next morning when the witch woke up she could smell the alluring smell of various foods, wrapping her dressing gown she made her way downstairs. She walked into the kitchen to see Stefan pouring a batter into a pan. He looked up to see her, his eyes doing a familiar flick.

"No," she said sternly. "No, you know me. None of the eye flicks or awed expressions." She said putting her hands on her hips. He chuckled a little, then nodded to Lexi. Who apparently understood the gesture and took over the American pancakes; Stefan blurred to the redhead and pulled her into a huge hug.

"I am so sorry that you have been through so much," he murmured in her ear. She could feel her eyes burning but kept it in control. This was the first time anyone had reacted to her like this, and it made her feel warm inside. When they pulled away, he kissed the top of her head, she swotted him away and made eye contact with Lexi.

"That looks great, thank you both."

"Well," Lexi said placing the pancake on the plate. "You did save my butt yesterday so we figured we'd at least cook you breakfast."

She laughed but, when the blonde gestured for her to sit, she obeyed and began to eat.

Lexi had to leave the next day, promising she would see them both again soon. She disappeared as the sun went down. Over the next few days Azalea completely ignored the older Salvatore brother, and tried to focus on her other friends. She comforted Bonnie about the appearance of Emily, assuring her that her family member would not put her in harm's way. The main gossip around the school was at the idea of the new history teacher. The school had announced the week before that from Wednesday, history classes would be back up and running.