Road Trip

The next five days were promising for the young vampire, she spent three days with the Salvatore brothers, then another two with Azalea and Alaric. Once Caroline was 'fit be be living with humans' Bonnie began to look through Emily's Grimoire for the daylight ring spell. Bonnie was devastated about what happened to her friend, but overall, she seemed to be on board. Caroline hadn't hurt anyone yet, and if she could go the first few days without hurting anyone, then she was far more likely to never hurt anyone. Once Bonnie gave her the daylight ring, she made her way back home their 'school project' completed early.

The day that Caroline went home, she got a text from Damon for her and Ric to head over to there place. Confused to what could be happening now, she and her uncle got in the car and made there way over to the Salvatore home.

Before they even knocked on the door, Damon greeted them, gesturing for them to come in.

"Thanks for coming, Ric. Can I get you something to drink. Coffee, bourbon, bourbon in your coffee?" Damon.

"Azalea mentioned you needed help?" Alaric said, as the group made their way into the sitting room. Elena was already here, she smiled at her friend.

"Yeah, we were hoping you could shed some light on the Lockwood's family secret." Stefan leaned against the sofa.

"You could have asked me," Azalea pointed out.

"Shh, teacher talking," Damon stage whispered, Alaric rolled his eyes.

"The lycanthrope."

"Blood line werewolves," the redhead said.

"Impossible," Damon said. "I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty years or so, and I've never come across them. If they exist where the hell are they?"

"My world, mostly. Most werewolves are decent –"

"Like Remus,"

"Yeah, like Remus. Bloodline werewolves are not as calm as those like Remus."

"There are types," Damon scoffed.

"Yeah, just like with witches," she said. "There are three ways to become a werewolf. Bloodline, where you have to kill someone to trigger the curse. Bite, like Remus and then the super rare, which is bloodline werewolf blood in a non-werewolf. Remus's kind was made by a bloodline who had rabies, and bit someone... the mutation mixes with the persons DNA and..." I trailed off. "It's the most common type now."

"What happened to all the bloodline werewolves," Elena asked.

"A lot of it was vampires," I said gesturing to Damon. "A bite can kill a vampire. And it's not a fun way to go either."

"Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked Damon.

"Vervain didn't affect the mayor, but the Gilbert device did. It also affected his son Tyler."

"And at the school carnival his Uncle Mason exhibited inhuman strength." Stefan added.

"I'll help you get access to Isobel's office," Alaric sighed.

"Ok, fieldtrip," Damon smirked.

"I'm going to head to Draco's," Azalea told them. "I don't know as much about them, they are so much rarer, and majority US based. He may have more information."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I think the original werewolves were a Native tribe or something, something about being cursed during a ceremony or an execution... I reckon he'll have more information."

They formulated a plan of who was going where then they spilt off to go to there retrospective research destinations. As soon as the redhead got home, she headed over to the fire, throwing in the Floo powder and jumping into the emerald flames.