Rehab

The next morning, she could tell something was off with the brothers. Damon was keeping close to her as she collected her things to return to her own home after checking in on Matt. Whatever it was it could wait. Right now, she needed to focus on Matt and what he was going through. Her last memory of Vicki flooded her mind.

She sighed pinching her nose. So much had happened since she came to this small town it was only bloody Christmas! What else could possibly happen to this little group. She waved goodbye to the Salvatore's and headed home, she sent Matt a message. She didn't want to overcrowd him.

She text Jeremy asking her to met him in a few hours at the house.

Throwing her bags on the sofa she rubbed her eyes, making her way towards the kitchen to make a cup of tea.

This little town had been through so much since she arrived. Was it her bad luck or would this have all happened regardless? Logically she knew the town had a history of this, and the comet would have came, and Damon would have still came for Katherine. Yet... a part of her couldn't help but think that she too was a little responsible for the mess in Mystic Falls.

The beep from the kettle shook her out of her thoughts.

She quickly made the beverage and took a sip of the warm light brown liquid sitting beside her bags as she heard the footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Lea?"

"Yeah Ric, it's me."

"Did you hear –"

"Vicki," she sighed, before taking another sip.

There was a knock on the door. She frowned placing the cup down the forced herself to her feet to see who it was as Alaric answered.

"What are you doing here,"

His tone made her alert. she peered around her uncle. 

Anna.

"I'm not here to cause trouble," she said looking at Azalea. "I am here to apologise for what happened. My mother and I had no idea. We wanted to let everyone know that we kicked everyone who was involved out, a lot of them left. It's just us and Harper now."

"Thank you apologising." The redhead said.

"My mother is with the Salvatore's now. We truly are sorry and we really do just want to live in peace."

"How are we supposed to believe that?" Alaric said.

"With time," Azalea moved closer to the teen. "Call it a probation period. We will talk as a group, I can't speak for everyone, but I don't have a grudge, from what I have seen everything you have done was to get your mother back. I can't blame you for that."

She smiled in relief.

"I'm glad, and I just wanna say that I really admire your story." She said giving a little nod to Azalea.

"You planning on staying in Mystic Falls?" Alaric asked.

"Yes, but we are happy to agree to terms," she said. "When we were here before, there weren't bloods banks and other methods of getting blood. My mother wants to adapt and make peace."

The redhead smiled.

"Then I look forward to seeing you around school. It'll be nice not to be the new girl anymore."

Anna laughed, then with a little nod made her way back up the drive.

The two made their way back inside. The redhead plopped on the sofa as her phone buzzed, she frowned as she saw Damon's message on the screen.