Chapter 40

Finally, after months of feeling off-balance, she was back. Elenore found herself where she truly belonged, with her one and only, her zing. Her mom's words about a zing echoed in her mind—someone you instantly connect with, someone you know you'll love and cherish forever. Lando was her zing, and from the moment they met, she felt that undeniable connection. She never hid her love for him, but she often downplayed it, wary of others' opinions. What would people say if they knew she was head over heels for him? Or that he occupied her thoughts almost every single day? Or perhaps the fact that she could gaze at him for hours, admiring his handsomeness. But one day, everything changed. And now, she woke up beside him, just like every day for the rest of their lives.

She rolled over, watching him sleep with a slight snore. Glancing at the clock—9:04. Perfect. A smile adorned her face as she moved closer, peppering his face with kisses and giggles.
"Elllll," he groaned. Undeterred, she looked into his eyes,
"Hello, sleepyhead."
"Let me sleep," he turned away, burying his face in the pillow.
"Oh, come on, Lan!" Elenore laughed, attempting to turn him around. She received a grunt as a response, his face remaining planted in the pillow.
"Babyyy," she whispered, kissing his bare back.
"Please, baby, I want attention." Pouting, she sat up, crossing her arms.
"Stop pouting," Lando chuckled.
"You can't even see me; how do you know I'm pouting?" Elenore laughed.
Lando sat up, his hair messy, and his face still a bit puffy.
"Because I know you, Elenore," he smiled.
"Do you now, Lando?" She raised an eyebrow, trying not to smile.
"Oh, I do, Elenore," he smirked, pulling her down so she lay beside him.
"I know everything about you," he kissed the top of her head.
"No, you don't!" She laughed.
"Quiz me," Lando smiled. Elenore turned around, laying on her stomach, looking at him.
"Okay," she thought for a while,
 "What's my lucky number?"
"Easy, 17, because of Jules." Elenore nodded and smiled softly.
"Favorite color?"
"You say it's purple, but we both know it's light green." Elenore's smile widened, and she nodded.
"Okay, hmmm, who is my favorite driver on the current grid?" Lando opened his mouth with a cocky look on his mouth, "-who isn't you." She stopped him. Lando frowned, thought for a minute, and then it dawned on him,
"Daniel," he smiled.
"Good job, baby," she smiled and kissed him softly.
"Hmm okay, this one is hard, do I have any birthmarks?"
"Yeah, you do," he smiled "You have two, one behind your ear," he smiled and placed his thumb on her small birthmark behind her left ear and caressed it softly, "I like to look at it when I sit beside you, that's why my favorite hairstyle on you is when you have it up." Elenore blushed. "And you have one shaped like a heart on your right butt cheek." He smiled widely, proud that he knew exactly where it was.
Elenore giggled and nodded "no one has ever noticed them before,"
"Honey, I spend the majority of my day looking at you; I know you're inside and out, I know that you have two small scars on your forehead from falling onto a radiator as a kid. I know you have one small dot of green in your piercing blue eyes, and I know you only have a dimple on your left side when you smile." Elenore looked at him in awe.
"You noticed that?" She whispered.
"Of course I do," he smiled softly and cupped her face and caressed her cheek.
"No one has ever noticed any of that before," she blushed.
"Baby, I could look at you forever," he whispered softly. "I really want to say something right now, but we agreed we would take it slow." He looked at her with longing written all over his face.
"Say it," she whispered. "Please Lando say it," she pleaded. He looked at her surprised.
"Honey, we said-"
"I don't care what we said," she shook her head.
"I'm still in love with you," he whispered. Elenore smiled widely, and she leaned in so that their lips were almost touching.
"I'm still in love with you too," she whispered.
He kissed her lips passionately and pulled her on top of him. Elenore couldn't help but giggle and smile into the kiss. He pulled away and looked at her with a smile.
"I am so incredibly in love with you, Elenore," he whispered.
 "I'm so in love with you," she replied softly, "words cannot describe how much I love you."