Chapter 7

Elenore knew that she had to face the truth; she knew that she was falling for Lando, whether she wanted to or not. But that meant that she would have to tell Charles, and she would have to let the entire world know about their relationship. She had, of course, experienced "fame" previously thanks to her brothers, but she knew that dating Lando would be a big change. But maybe a change for the better.

A knock coming from the door echoed through the apartment. Elenore hurried to the door and saw that Lando stood there. She didn't say anything; she just hugged him. He picked her up and brought her back into the apartment, closing the door behind them. He sat them down on her bed but didn't take her off his lap. They didn't say anything, but somehow they said everything. Elenore buried her face in the crook of his neck; just the smell of him made her calm down. He kept one of his hands on the small of her back, while the other rested on the back of her head.

"Lando, I-" She looked him in the eyes but didn't say anything else. She just looked at him, at his beautiful blue eyes, and at how every time he took a breath, his left nostril slightly moved. "Thank you," she took a deep breath. "Thank you for coming here," he smiled.
"You don't have to thank me, El; no matter where I am, I'll always come when you call." Elenore felt her cheeks flush. She looked down, trying to hide the fact that he had made her blush.
"Don't hide it; I think that it's absolutely adorable." He placed his thumb and index finger under her chin, lightly lifting her face.
"Stop, you are making me blush." She avoided his gaze.
"Am I making you blush?" He laughed.
"Mhm," she finally said, looking him in the eyes. He was looking at her with a look that can only be described as fire. When Elenore looked at him, she felt like her entire body was on fire. Elenore was still sitting in his lap, tracing a circle on his chest, while Lando had his hands on the small of her back. He was looking at her eyes and how they followed the circle that she was tracing.
"Elenore?" Her head shot up, making direct eyecontact with him.
"Yeah?"
"Can I kiss you?" Elenore smiled, she had never been asked such a simple jet very important question.
"Yes, Lando." He placed his hand on the back of her head and pulled her closer and then he went for it. He closed the tiny gap in between them and it was like sparks flew around them. Their lips were like two pussel pieces who fit perfectly together. She deepened the kiss, lightly pushing him down on the bed and climbing on top of him. A quiet moan escaped from Elenores lips, making them both laugh. They both pulled away and just looked at eachother, simply smiling. Elenore fell down to his side, he wrapped his arm around her and rested his chin on the top of her head.
"You smell nice," Elenore whispered into his chest.
"Thank you," he whispered back and kissed the top of her head.

The room fell silent and stayed that way for a while, but it was that kind of silence that was pleasant and geniuin. Elenore had her head on his chest, she could hear his every heartbeat.
"Lando," she broke the silence and sat up.
"Yeah?" He sat up slightly, resting on his elbows.
"We need to talk about all of this," she gestured at the both of them.
"What about it?" He looked at her with a puzzled look.
"How is this going to work? Like, are we just going to be friends or just people who kiss sometimes?" Lando sat up and interrupted her.
"Elenore, please calm down. First, what do you want? Do you want us to just be friends or—" this time Elenore interupted him.
"I don't," she said, taking a deep breath. "I know myself, and I won't be able to stay away from you, but I also know that I won't endure a long-distance relationship." She started to talk faster, something that Lando knew meant that her anxiety was increasing.
"Hey, it will all be alright." He grabbed her hands and said, "I really like you, Elenore. I think I always have, but I don't want to make you feel like I am pressuring you into a relationship."
"I want you; I need you, Lando, but how is this going to work if you have to travel constantly?" She held onto his hands hard; she could feel herself somewhat shaking.
"Travel with me," he said, looking at her with a slight smile.
"Lando, I-" But she stopped herself; there wasn't anything that was holding her back. She could write her book wherever she wanted, and she could have meetings on Zoom. "Okay," she smiled.
"Okay?" Lando repeated his surprise.
"Okay, I'll travel with you." They both smiled like idiots.
"Really?"
"Really?" she giggled as she placed her hand on his cheek, bringing him closer for a kiss.
"I have one condition, though," she said sweetly as she pulled away from his lips.
"Yeah?" He smiled.
"We can't tell anyone, at least not right now; I have to figure out how to tell Charles first."
"That is completely fine with me, as long as you feel comfortable," he said sweetly.
"Thank you so much."